Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
American Fabric Rumors >

American Fabric Rumors

American Fabric Rumors

Old 03-16-2014, 02:17 PM

Default American Fabric Rumors

Hi, I just got back from our local Jo Ann Fabrics. I had not been there for a couple of weeks (working on a quilt) and they have some NEW quilting cottons that are just beautiful and reasonably price especially with the coupons they currently have (20% or 15% off) and they say that they are American Made!!!!! I was very impressed, appeared to be good quality and priced to buy (30% off). They had a great choice of fabrics. You may want to check them out if you live near a Jo Ann's.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:22 PM

thanks will do!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:22 PM

Just a word of caution. At my Joann's, the manager said that the fabrics were labeled as made in Mexico. She was planning to send a word along to management. It may be that they took advantage of a loophole: North America, South America, Central America. Not trying to stir up a hornet's nest here at all.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
Just a word of caution. At my Joann's, the manager said that the fabrics were labeled as made in Mexico. She was planning to send a word along to management. It may be that they took advantage of a loophole: North America, South America, Central America. Not trying to stir up a hornet's nest here at all.
Please keep us posted if you can. If this is true, it may be the last straw for me and Joann. I posted here about these fabrics earlier this year, because they sent me an e-mail making a big to-do about them having made in America fabric. I don't like being taken for a sucker, which if these rumors are true, is exactly what they did.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:57 PM

Take a look at this link..it says made they are made in the USA.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...s#.UyYrpye9KK0
Old 03-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Gay

I assumed most patchwork fabrics were made in the USA, if not then where? We, in AU, get some from Asian countries because of the cost of manufacturing, but the prices are rising, as one expects. Even so I can still buy fabric at a better price from USA online, including postage. I'd love to see how the designs are made and printed - commercially that is - if anyone knows of a link or two.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:41 AM

I went to Joanns here but very few Traditions fabrics.....I will wait for more variety because I really believe in buying American.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Swap Hosts

At least the Made in America fabric was reasonably priced at $6.29. I visited our local Joann which was recently re-done to the specs of the new owners and almost fell over when I saw nothing-special quilting fabric at $13.99/yd.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
I asked at Joann's if it was made in the USA and they told me it was.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jo C View Post
Take a look at this link..it says made they are made in the USA.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...s#.UyYrpye9KK0
If you notice, it's the writer of the article who stated that it was made in the United States, which could be an assumption on his/her part. Joann always stated 'made in America'. So I'm still waiting for verification. Next time I'm in my local Joann I'm going to ask one of the regular fabric dept. workers.