Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This is being Organized :)

OH MY HECK!! That is amazing! I thought I was doing good just to put them into big tubs.

she's a junky for novelty prints

Blog Entries
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh dang!!!! A neat freak!!! When is the garage sale?
    D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    Quote Originally Posted by craftiladi
    WOW.....thats alot, showed my other half and said SEE I got nothing on this gal...lol did enjoy browzing her site.
    hahahaha did your other half say , oh honey YOU just keep doing what YOU been doing do not change ahaha
    He He he said if I ever got that bad he would commit me...lol

[quote=suecq]O M G It's bigger than a shop. I'm Gobsmacked.[/quote

I can't write it has messed with my mind wow

:-( :mrgreen:

How does she find time to quilt? I think being organized can be counter productive! :wink:

Now, THAT is a sickness!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joan
    That is hard to believe----I think she likes organizing more than quilting :mrgreen:
    Well, after looking at her blog (Fabric Therapy) I'd say she's a very prolific quilter! She's done beautiful work. Although this stash is much, much larger than mine, I say if it works for her, and makes her happy, more power to her!

Amazing! Personally I really don't want much of a stash. One of the most fun parts of making a quilt is the trip to the fabric store with my pattern to pick out the fabrics for it. And the investment!! Phew....

This person never, ever has to go to the store again for fabric. I used to have my attic set up very simular with craft supplies. I went to craft camp every summer and I told one of the ohter campers that I was able to shop in my attic for the supplies I needed one year for the 4 classes I was taking that year. That is when I realized I had way toomuch craft supplies on hand. LOL. When I sold the house last year, I had a yard sale and what did nto sell I gave on Freecycle. This summer i am having a book sale to downsize my "library" which is in every room of my house.
    Take care.
    Linda

Impressive. A little over the top for my personal taste, but if that's what blows her whistle, toot away. I get kind of sad when my fabrics sit around too long, scraps or otherwise. Like their purpose isn't being fulfilled, and they aren't being properly enjoyed. Weird, I know, but I've never claimed to be otherwise. ::grins::

What a stash. Mine is very very tiny compared to that. You must have as much invested in plastic as you have in fabric. I too sew in the basement. I don't mind it as I have the large screen tv down there.

I have plastic that I put other fabric in. I have been trying to keep my projects each in a tub so I keep it all together.

I do keep all my colors together on a shelf. I am running out of room for my stuff. My have to take over more of the rumpus room.

Happy Quilting

Fay in Saskatchewan

First thing I thought of was, if something happened to her , how is her husband going to get rid of all that? (probably because my MIL just passed and we're cleaning out here stuff)

Blog Entries
    should we say hoarding and OCD?? Its' a lot but will she use it?? Will it just break down over the next 100 years? She sure can't use it all

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    WOW.....thats alot, showed my other half and said SEE I got nothing on this gal...lol did enjoy browzing her site.
    hahahaha did your other half say , oh honey YOU just keep doing what YOU been doing do not change ahaha
    He He he said if I ever got that bad he would commit me...lol
    ------------------------------------
    Way to funny.
    I have to admit, I love her way of keeping track of all her materials. If you really think about it. labels, smaller bins. Most of us MAY have the large bins, fight to find what we need. PLUS oh so heavy to lift around. IF materials are left sitting on shelves, (looks nice and cute) but will get dust and maybe moths. Or we invest in the plastic pull out drawers that eventually break down. the smaller bins would last a life time. all material is color coded, I really like it, I'd never have that much material, but this person, makes quilts galore. IS a business person, so maybe that makes a difference. I, in the PAST was always a neat freak... A place for everything, knew where to find. now ha forget it. :)

Blog Entries
    No, that is unbelievable. How can one person have so much ? That isn't even normal. That is more like trying to see who has the most fabric before they head to the happy hunting ground. I think she has more fabric than a fabric store.

i would go broke just buying bins

hehehehehehe :thumbup:

She can come to my place,and sort mine.

I'd love to have the room for that type of organization! I admit I'm a tad ocd about how I keep my material, but I don't have a smidgen of what she has, nor have I put that much money in storage.

Don't give me a guilt complex.

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    When does she have time to quilt...way too much....and the cost of all those bins..No thanks.
    Oh I don't know, as she says it is something she has been collecting since the '80s and so has been a long time developing.
    I will be so organized on of these days - my good friend already tells me I am obsessive :lol: about my fabric being organized

Maybe1day

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsie
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan
    That is hard to believe----I think she likes organizing more than quilting :mrgreen:
    Well, after looking at her blog (Fabric Therapy) I'd say she's a very prolific quilter! She's done beautiful work. Although this stash is much, much larger than mine, I say if it works for her, and makes her happy, more power to her!
    I'm with you! I love being organized - having things lined up nicely GIVES me inspiration. And when I'm not feeling the mojo - Organizing my stash/collection also gives me tons of ideas.

Yes, being organized does take time. But, I put on a favorite podcast, and play with my favorite items. It's nice and relaxing.

And she DOES quilt! So do I.

Blog Entries
    My little sewing space is chaos, but I think it would be nice to have it a bit more organized. I'm too busy on projects right now. :):):)

Blog Entries
    She is super organized. Her sewing room looks like a fabric shop. I used to be like her 20 yrs ago, used to drive myself crazy and everyone else. I'm happy to say that today keeping everything spotless is not my first priority anymore. There are many more things to get involved in such as shopping for fabric, yard sales, flea markets, etc. I wish someone had told me this years ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast