Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Best Press @ JoAnns

Blog Entries

Best Press @ JoAnns

FYI - Joann’s has marked down their Best Press to 50% off. Clerk told me they were not carrying it anymore. I stocked up with 8 bottles!
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

I have about 4 bottles left in my closet...guess I'll go stock up also.

Best press is on sale, but not 50% off.....must be a local store thing.....if an item is on sale, you can't use a coupon....so not sure why your store has it at 50% off if it is on sale or a door buster, currently. I say go for it....

Bummer not on sale at all at my J's. Guess it sells too well here. Just the same, I'll keep my eye out, you never know.

Blog Entries
    Is best press starch, or a starch alternative?
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
    Is best press starch, or a starch alternative?
    It is starch alternative, the bottle says, The clear starch and sizing alternative.

Joann's sells BP in gallon refills online. I buy it when it is on sale. Sometimes go in with a friend to get 2 so that we also get free shipping. It makes it quite economical.

Blog Entries
    Thanks! I’ve not used it yet so haven’t seen a bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    It is starch alternative, the bottle says, The clear starch and sizing alternative.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
    Joann's sells BP in gallon refills online. I buy it when it is on sale. Sometimes go in with a friend to get 2 so that we also get free shipping. It makes it quite economical.
    I buy the gallon size, too. I think next time I'll just buy 2 and get the free shipping.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

The current sale price at JoAnns online is $34.99 but didn't check shipping cost if any. My favorite place to buy it is at Menards in their laundry section. It normally sells for under $5/bottle (1 pint) and I pick up numerous bottles when I'm there so no shipping cost, and half the price of my LQS.

Quote Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
    The current sale price at JoAnns online is $34.99 but didn't check shipping cost if any. My favorite place to buy it is at Menards in their laundry section. It normally sells for under $5/bottle (1 pint) and I pick up numerous bottles when I'm there so no shipping cost, and half the price of my LQS.
    Yes, that is what I was getting ready to recommend. I was surprised to find it at Menards. Mine only carries 2 fragrances, but for the difference in price it's fine.

Blog Entries
    I like the unscented Best Press. All those perfume smells bother me. I bought a gallon from JoAnns online at 50% off. Several of us ordered at the same time to get free shipping.

I'll check Joann here about the price of BP. Many times the clearance items show the low price at check out not on the shelf. I like Flatter spray better but have a gallon of BP I refill my bottle to take to classes and such. If I take Flatter it's always used up first. I use a lot of Magic Sizing too.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I have 2 huge jugs of Best Press Lavender and it makes me want to hurl. I adore real Lavender but the scent they use is awful. Can't wait to use it all up.