Binding Videos

Old 02-25-2014, 04:54 AM

Default Binding Videos

Here are a couple links for attaching quilt binding. I did it this way on my last quilt and even after several washings the binding is laying beautifully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZR6ls_IsIo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJvDOEFlJ4s
Old 02-25-2014, 05:16 AM

MSQC has one under tutorials. I finally get binding now after watching it!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:17 PM

Default Sewing binding ends together on the bias.

MSQC has a very good video showing how to sew the ends of the binding together. I make it even easier by pressing a triangle into the beginning of the strip. As the strip is laying on the quilt, ready to sew on, have all edges together. Then fold the end of that strip down into a triangle so that the raw edge of the top of the strip is also even with the edge of the quilt. Press this well. Fold in half and press that also.
Start sewing about 6 or so inches from that end.
When you get to the end, stop about six inches from the beginning triangle. Take it out of the machine. Lay the beginning and ending strip on top of each other with the beginning strip underneath. Cut off top strip at the base of the triangle. This will be the measurement of the width of the binding. When it is cut off, bring the two ends right sides together, twist at right angles (just like you did when you sewed the strips together to make the binding), and sew on that pressed line. No little ends sticking out. Line up the two strips evenly. Test to see if it fits. Open the seam, finger press and trim excess fabric. Fold back in half and sew last seam. Works every time.