Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Bonnie Hunter has posted colors for this year's mystery >

Bonnie Hunter has posted colors for this year's mystery

Bonnie Hunter has posted colors for this year's mystery

Old 10-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

My piecing has improved 100% doing her mysteries. My first mystery was all over the place with clipped points and stretched patches. I thought I'd never do good with small pieces. Now it's fun and my results are very acceptable. Don't try to improve on her directions, follow them and go one block at a time.

Last edited by Onebyone; 10-27-2016 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:41 AM

I was worried about not being able to see numbers like in years past on the paint chips. Turns out they don't go by numbers, they go by name. So, No problem there. Beautiful colors.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by sweet View Post
Does anyone remember the name of the store that made fat quarters of the colors used in this?
I think it was Whittles. I'll double check.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the post! I had forgotten to check if the colors were out yet. Last year was my very first mystery quilt. I really enjoyed doing it and learned a lot! I will say that it was a large quilt with over 2,000 pretty small pieces---and was a real challenge for me, but I am really glad I did it. I kept up each week until the very end after the reveal, then lost some momentum and didn't get it assembled for several months. It is still not quilted---one of my UFOs!!
But I think I will join in again this year and hope lots of you do too!!
Old 10-27-2016, 04:26 PM

I hadn't planned on doing the mystery this year. But these mysteries are so much fun that I think I'll go ahead and Take the plunge. I'm really stretching myself this year by choosing my own colors. To simplify things I'm using only one fabric for each color. And I've decided to do it in solids. This makes my shopping easier. I've already got the colors and fabric picked out from Connecting Threads. Just one decision is holding up my order. Which of the three color ways do I want to make? Are we posting fabric etc. in this thread or is there another one?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by katybob View Post
I think it was Whittles. I'll double check.
It was Whittles that had the fat quarters for last year's mystery.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:12 PM

A new thread for the mystery has been submitted for moderator approval. I will post a link to that thread when it goes active.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

The colors she chose for this one are Mardi Gras colors! Not sure I'm going to be okay with those. I'm not big on purple/lav, either. I went to pick up the colors for a friend who can't get out and the new paint chips are just all scattered about with no numerical order at all. You have to read the names on each and every one to find them. Yes, I'm whining.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
The colors she chose for this one are Mardi Gras colors! Not sure I'm going to be okay with those. I'm not big on purple/lav, either. I went to pick up the colors for a friend who can't get out and the new paint chips are just all scattered about with no numerical order at all. You have to read the names on each and every one to find them. Yes, I'm whining.
This site has pages and pages of color palette ideas should be able to find something that would float your boat. http://colorpalettes.net/
Old 10-27-2016, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
This site has pages and pages of color palette ideas should be able to find something that would float your boat. http://colorpalettes.net/
I keep a Pinterest album with color palettes. That's how I'm choosing my colors. Bonnie's are pretty but not my style. For the three of her mysteries I've done I was impressed with those who chose their own colors so I thought I'd give it a try this year.