Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bonnie Hunter New Mystery Quilt

Bonnie Hunter New Mystery Quilt

Here is what Bonnie Hunter said yesterday about her new 2012 Mystery Quilt:

And for anyone wondering -- I'll be posting the colors and the yardage
    requirements of our next mystery at the end of the month ---so be watching.
    The first clue will go live November 23rd :c)

Here are my photos of her last two Mystery Quilts I did. These are flimsies - I have quilted the first one.

The information is posted here:
    http://quiltville.blogspot.com/

This is a link to her website:
    http://quiltville.com/

She will give a clue each week for about 7 or 8 weeks. Such fun, and great looking quilts!

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by JeanieG; 10-15-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    I love her patterns but after a few, they all seem to be the same scrappy quilts. I have made two of them and two is enough. LOL
    Got fabric?

Your quilts are beautiful....
    Pat M.

Power Poster
    Your quilts are beautiful! I was interested right up until she listed the triangles for Roll Cotton boll and then I conceded defeat.

Blog Entries
    I love Bonnie's scrappy quilts.
    I don't do the mystery quilts but have made a few of her patterns.
    Love to see all the different scrappies!
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

I love your quilts but far too many triangles for me! I like using my scraps as squares or strips. Easier to cut and sew and quicker too. Possibly not such detailed results but since I give mine to charities or Project Linus I don't want to spend too long on them.

I can't find this information on her blog. Where is it?

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilts.

FLQ
    Bonnie Hunters quilts are lots of fun. I did two of her free patterns and now I'm working my way through her books. Having an abundance of scraps in my stash, these patterns and sizes fit well for quick gifts and charity quilts. Each quilt looks completely different when the quilter chooses how they use their scraps..so much variety.

FLQ
    Forgot to tell you- LOVE your quilts in photos above.

Blog Entries
    I just love Bonnies quilts. Your are spectacular!!! Nothing makes my heart flutter more than a great scrappy quilt. I am off to see what I can find out on her new mystery quilt, myself!

"You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    I did the Orca Bay quilt last year. Very work intensive, but so beautiful to look at. Mine looks like yours. I can hardly wait for the next one to start.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Your quilts are beautiful! I was interested right up until she listed the triangles for Roll Cotton boll and then I conceded defeat.
    LOL ... so did I after sewing triangles ! Lots of cut fabrics sitting...
    loving retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    If you will look up the product Triangulations, and use it, I promise those little triangles just fly together. I love doing her quilts because the steps are easy and in the end you have a whale of a complicated quilt that just sparkles.

I used Triangulations on my last one as well! Great product! I did not know about it until l I did my first Bonnie Mystery quilt and someone mentioned how fast it made those triangles get done. It was too late to buy the program, but I sure had it for my second one!

Thanks for the link.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Wow your quilts turned out beautiful Bonnie has such great patterns love her and her ideas I am going do this mystery !
    ​Christine

Love your quilts but I like something faster.

I have done Bonnie,s mystery quilts since I started quilting about 3 years ago. I love them all, and will deffinately be doing this one also. I have also told our quilting group about it and they are going to do it also.
    I have been waiting for Bonnie to start it so I can have it done by Christmas (I hope)

The last two years she did not give us the last clue until after Christmas. She mentioned in one of her blogs that this one is going to be a little easier than the last two. So who knows, maybe it will be completed before Christmas. I have not finished the two I have done until the end of January, both years. I cannot keep up during Christmas week. I think I am a little slower after I finally finish all the blocks putting the whole thing together. I always use her colors too, I am not experienced enough to go off on my own colorwise, not knowing what it is going to look like!

I saw Bonnie when she was in Lexington, KY recently. She said that she named this one "Easy Street" because it was easier than the last two she did. I did Orca Bay - it was the first mystery quilt I've ever done. I kept up with her and finished when the clues ended. I was surprised at how easily it went together. I love it! I still haven't quilted it. Hopefully that will be done soon! I was in the process of moving my sewing room so I put it off for a while. Like I told her, if I had seen the Orca Bay pattern before I started, I would have never started but she made it easy with the way she broke it up. A lot of work but well worth it! I can hardly wait for Easy Street!!
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

I love your quilts! Great job!

i sure hope i get to do this... i love them.. gorgeous....

Thank you for the info. I couldn't find anything about the upcoming mystery quilt but signed up to get her blog postings sent to my email. Loved the pics of quilts in her new book.