Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Christmas 2013 I'm ready!

Blog Entries

Christmas 2013 I'm ready!

Tuesday Morning store had all the beautiful Christmas boxes for 50% off. I love pretty boxes instead of gift wrapping especially Christmas gifts. I bought one box for each of my quilting friends and guild secret pal. Now throughout the year as I find nice items on sale or sew small projects I will fill the boxes. I bought Christmas fat quarters marked down at a quilt shop and put a bundle in each the boxes. If I put nothing else in them it will be a nice gift as is. One thing to get done for the year crossed off my list.
    Got fabric?

Wow! Now that's what I call planning ahead!

Blog Entries
    I don't like the feeling of knowing I have to do something so I get as much done and out of the way as possible. It really helps to have the holiday responsibility out of the way before the holiday gets here. I ordered my DD's birthday present yesterday. Her birthday is in July. She wants a quilt but if the quilt doesn't get done I have the gift, so no stress.
    Got fabric?

Wow, you have me beat! I have been making somethings to put in a Christmas box for my co-workers. I call it " my favorite things". I am filling it full of items that I like to make, like quilted potholders,hanging kitchen towels,nylon scrubbies etc. Gee, now that I am thinking about this, I should of got the boxes first.
    Isn't it fun to prethink Christmas with such a wonderful ideas. Have fun filling your boxes.

Blog Entries
    I already have all my wrapping paper for 2013. Plus been putting a list together for each person I have on it. So I'm getting there. I always start in January. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but it's the only way I can finish on time.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Quote Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
    I already have all my wrapping paper for 2013. Plus been putting a list together for each person I have on it. So I'm getting there. I always start in January. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but it's the only way I can finish on time.
    I don't think your crazy! I think your smart! Very smart! In December you won't be scrambling like so many!

That is such a cool idea..
    Kitty

I also, pick up the boxes and sometimes can get them for more than 50% off. I use them for grandchildren, 9 of them. I pick up clearance items during the year and when the box is full it is done. Otherwise, if not full grandma can find something to fill it up.

I am always buying things for Christmas at 50% off. Now days you have to.

our hallmark store has Christmas gift items for 75%off. I have bought some birthday gifts for the year like a fondue pot and some ceramic measuring cups.

I like making things and giving them away and my DH does not mind even though some might be expensive But its hard when you have no one to give to. Its ashame the guild I belong to is so corrupt when it could be alot of fun, the leaders that be, underhanded, instill fear into every one that comes in so no one talks or associates with each other for fear of being chewed out behind closed doors or in meetings.

I'm with you I like the pretty box for gift giving. I used them this year, had bought them on sale through out the year.
    all of the daughters loved them. I try something different each year.
    but doing it all year helps take the stress off end of year buying.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

wow you are on the ball , maybe i will try this ,because i am one of those that ends up buying all my christmas presents in december and have been know to not get finished until Christmas Eve

what a great idea....thanks for sharing....this time of year is great for markdowns and clearance quilting items....