Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Clearance Zippers @ Meijer >

Clearance Zippers @ Meijer

Clearance Zippers @ Meijer

Old 10-23-2013, 06:35 AM

Default Clearance Zippers @ Meijer

I was in one of our local Meijer stores last night and happened to go past a clearance end cap in the craft section. They had fat quarters for .70 and some small jelly rolls for $2. There was a display of Coats & Clark zippers of varied lengths and colors. They were priced any where from .80 - $1.19. I picked up a few but when I got to the register, the zippers were ringing up at .45 or less!!! 😎Needless to say, I went back and picked them completely clean! Might want to check it out if you have a Meijer store near you 😆
Old 10-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

I've done the same thing. Get to the register and find out something is on sale. Go back and clean it out. I always ask if there is a limit if anyone is around. Then wipe it out! Doesn't matter what store but we don't have a Meijer down here.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:18 AM

I stopped in Meijers this morning and they were just putting the zippers on the clearance rack. I paid .43 to 1.15 for a few beige and Kelly green zippers. The other color was red and I didn't need that. One problem is the price sticker was over the zipper length so I just guessed (by price). I have a few other Meijers around that I can stop at too.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 PM

Oh goodie. Thanks for th information. I will stop tomorrow on my way home form work. Hopefuly no one will beat me to it.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:12 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Not one of those here AuntPiggylpn, but I agree if its something you can use multiple times and its a score; then by all means SCORE IT !LOL
Brie says: HIGH PAW to you and yours .. LOL Silly puppy ..
Old 10-25-2013, 03:17 PM

I stopped on my way home today. Unfortunately they only had 3 FQ that I didn't like. THey had a few zippers left but they were all too short for my projects.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Caswews View Post
Not one of those here AuntPiggylpn, but I agree if its something you can use multiple times and its a score; then by all means SCORE IT !LOL
Brie says: HIGH PAW to you and yours .. LOL Silly puppy ..
High Paw back at ya!!!! Hope all is well with you & yours!!!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if your Brie and my Cooper & BG could get together and play?!?! Toby Bean wouldn't be interested but he would keep you and I company as we quilted together!!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:14 AM

Most second hand stores have a craft area and I have bought bargain zippers. With the latest craze of bags and especially pouches they come in handy. My best bargain story was some years ago one of my second hand stores had small plastic bags with 50 9" zippers each and there was a moderate color variety. There was about five bags and I paid 49 cents apiece. Cha Ching!