Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Cleopatra's fan >

Cleopatra's fan

Cleopatra's fan

Old 12-31-2014, 06:07 AM

Default Cleopatra's fan

Just watched this on YouTube...it is a tute of shar jorgenson demoing this set of templates from her site......very tempting. I like her tutes...very slow going, she is very thorough and her templates and books are very clear and understandable....she belongs to the same "club" as EB, old F&P, Kaye woods............this block looks very intense, but with her instructions it looks like it could be fun.....hmmmmmm. Not affiliated, just want to share........
Old 12-31-2014, 06:59 AM

Is this the one?
link................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGkC8OPtKls
Old 12-31-2014, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by tapper View Post
Is this the one?
link................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGkC8OPtKls
Yes...then watch her y seam on the bridal bouquet video......she is so thorough in her explanations of why.......

I ordered the Cleo fan template set........need a new tablerunner for d/r table.....

Could spent the day watching her videos.......
Old 12-31-2014, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

Thanks to both of you for sharing the link. Added to my favorites.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

thanks for the link. shar jorgenson and i were both minnesotans and i met her a couple of times at the state quilt show. the design is actually quite old... it was one of those printed in the newspapers way back when.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

if that is the one I'm thinking of, it's free on a fabric designers site. I have it somewhere. Loved it in a recent catalog too but it was a kit.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:17 AM

I have fabric and the pattern but haven't started. I'm reluctant to buy the templates since I'll probably only make this pattern once. But you have me thinking...her templates will be more accurate than those I can make using template plastic, hmmm. Thanks for the tutorial info. I should watch that before I cut, lol.

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Yes...then watch her y seam on the bridal bouquet video......she is so thorough in her explanations of why.......

I ordered the Cleo fan template set........need a new tablerunner for d/r table.....

Could spent the day watching her videos.......
Old 01-01-2015, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
if that is the one I'm thinking of, it's free on a fabric designers site. I have it somewhere. Loved it in a recent catalog too but it was a kit.
I wanted the fabric for the kit but bought it as yardage from a shop. I even got a discount. I have the free pattern too. Just a little intimidated to start.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:42 AM

I did mine with out the templates, just kept making new patterns from the original.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
thanks for the link. shar jorgenson and i were both minnesotans and i met her a couple of times at the state quilt show. the design is actually quite old... it was one of those printed in the newspapers way back when.
I'm sure it is an old pattern. Just like her others, but she presents them using her templates and her instructions and accompanying booklets make the " doing" so much easier and precise.....I prefer the more traditional blocks, generally, but I have seen a few " moderns" that have caught my eye......whatever....I am anxiously waiting for my package from heartland........if it works well, I think that bridal bouquet may be next...always liked it, but was a little intimidated with its construction......her templates & instructions my help........