Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Connecting Threads Warehouse sale! >

Connecting Threads Warehouse sale!

Connecting Threads Warehouse sale!

Old 08-11-2011, 06:33 PM

shoot, Florida sucks. We don't have any thing fancy this far south. Go, buy more than you need and think of me, lol, sighs and pouts.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by pam5296
Thanks for the info. I plan on being there. I gather I need to take my own bags to carry items, anything else I should know. Will there be a line to get in, should I be there early??? I so excited.
Thanks again Pam
I don't remember taking any bags. Last year was the first time Connecting Threads did this. We had no idea what to expect. The fabric was piled in large boxes, about 3X3X3 as I remember. You just dug in, rooted through and put a pile together. There were no shopping carts. When our armloads of fabric became too heavy, we took it to the checkout and had them hold it while we went back and picked out more. Everyone was quite nice (friendly, cheerful, helpful).
Old 08-12-2011, 12:27 PM

my favorite website is ask.com you can ask any question, and get a suitable answer, i believe when dyeing fabric, they say yardage or poundage, if im not mistaken there could be up to 5 yards in a pound..?? good luck
Katz
Old 08-12-2011, 06:39 PM

Oh My Gosh - wait until I tell my quilting friends in Washington Court House. We went last year and I spent $186.00. Be careful, those pounds add up quickly, as you can tell. I have been cutting 2 1/2 strips from most of what I bought, still not done yet with the cutting. The girls laughed at me so hard, they said every time they saw me, my head and body was in a box digging out material. They said they wish they had had a camera when I went to the check out - I guess the look on my face when the total came up was a "Maxine" look. Go ahead and go and report back on what you bought. THE MAIN THING IS HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:46 PM
np3
Power Poster

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:38 PM

A friend and I went today and had a great time. I ended up with about $40.00 in fabric and one kit. There was yarn, but I heard it was in limited supply. Hardback books were $3.00 and soft cover books were $1.00 each. They also had bolts of fabric and kits. It took us about 45 minutes to get checked out, and we left early because we had a deadline. Next year we'll go for the bolts to use as backings. There were lots and lots of boxes and everyone just started digging. We left about 2:15 and there was still plenty of fabric left. Next year I'll take more bags with me.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:41 PM

Have fun quilters!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:56 PM

I went today, Had a blast. I came home with 15 books and 35 lbs of fabric. Got a lot of Batiks. Made two trips. first one, took 1 1/2 hrs to check out. Went to my car, got the air conditioner on, had a diet rite. I dumped my big green Joann Fabric bag in the floor of back seat and went back for more. Digging in boxes was not hard to do. Just hard to carry everything in the crowd, but on my second trip, the crowd had thinned, checkout lane was not so busy, and the cute guy behind the check out counter, insisted he carry my bulging bag to the car. All in all it was a good day, and will definitily go again next year.
Peep
Old 08-13-2011, 06:02 AM

Went yesterday and had a great time, most people were nice only a few who were grabbing from your hands. There was plenty there so I figured they needed it more than me. I got several books and lots of fabric, can't wait to start sorting through everythings. Will be sure to go next year and be better prepared (more bags more money).
Old 08-13-2011, 07:06 AM

I just measured the fabric I got there yesterday. I got a total of 98 yards I paid $78 for it all. Some of the pieces were as small as 4 inches wide and some were as long as 1.5 yards. Most of the pieces I got, I was able to find several pieces of the same pattern. I was there late, arriving at 4:30 and left about 5:30. There were still boxes and boxes and boxes of fabric left.
A woman checking out at the same time I was asked what they were going to do with the rest of the fabric. The "cute" guy said to watch for an announcement on their web site fora donation program for non-profit groups.