Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
current magazine-winner!!!! >

current magazine-winner!!!!

current magazine-winner!!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie View Post
Looking at a monitor just can't compare with the bright, glossy pictures in a magazine or smelling the fresh printer's ink or being able to curl up on the sofa with it. It is disconcerting, however, to find that half of most magazines are filled with full page ads. Does anyone really BUY all that stuff that's advertised??? Can't say I ever have.
oh, but sometimes you can Print what is on that screen......and that way you just have the pattern, minus all the ads....
Old 03-27-2013, 02:14 PM

The only magazine I take a subscription to anymore is American Patchwork and Quilting. It's my favorite. Unlike many, I'm not crazy about the wild modern fabrics and designs. I'm more of a traditional fabric and design quilter. I do like Quick Quilts. I've learned to thumb through them at Walmart or other newsstands and decide whether or not to buy it. IF there's nothing in there I would make, why buy it???
Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by vondae View Post
As a newbie, I love the Quick Quilt's Magazine. Great ideas that I can do. Right now I don't subscribe to any quilting magazines, I just buy one if there is something that catches my eye. Except for Jenny Doan's Quilting Quickly magazine. She's my hero. I agree with you, paying $40.00 a year for something that I "might" use 5% of just isn't a wise use of my money. God Bless each of you, Vonda
i am with you on jenny, but i didn't know there was a subscription for the new magazine, i ordered the first issue from msqc as i got it autographed. lucky me.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:37 PM

I am so glad to hear that everyone loves the Magazine. If you ever have any questions please call us! We would be more than happy to help out!!