Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Dear Jane offering... >

Dear Jane offering...

Dear Jane offering...

Old 10-16-2016, 05:49 AM

Default Dear Jane offering...

Just rec'd an email from paperpieces.com. The newest thing(?) ...doing DJ with epp...it's a bom thing, entire kit or row by row....anyone here going to try it. I have the book, the software, did about 7 blocks by machine ( the easiest ones) , then packed away....what say you?
Old 10-16-2016, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

interesting concept... thanks for sharing
Old 10-16-2016, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

Have never done a DJ. Anxious to see yours.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:44 AM

I got the same info from Paper Pieces. It sounds inviting to me too! But, I broke my shoulder 6 weeks ago and haven't been able to sew, cut, or quilt. I'm healing and hopefully in maybe 3 more weeks, I'll be able to put a little pressure on my shoulder so I can start sewing again. During the down-time, I've crocheted.....but I was getting ready to start Paper Piecing Hexagons just to keep active. This Dear Jane sounds like it would be so much fun...especially if it's paper-pieced. GeriB.....if you decide to do it, please keep us posted on how its going. I am really impressed with the PaperPieces Company (they also sell Polar Notions)......so, I like to support them with purchases. But, I'm so "behind" on all my quilts.....I'd better not take on another one! Good luck and I hope you sign up........if you do.....show us pictures.....we'll follow along and cheer you on!
Old 10-17-2016, 04:14 AM

Yes, I agree paperpieces is my go-to site for epp...love their acrylic templates with that scootch more room seam allowance.. 3/8 vs 1/4.... But still working on a gfg, then would like to try potc by Lucy Boston, then kajtia version of a millefiore, so I really don't see myself going there....plus, if I remember the DJ patterns, there are so many different design pieces...no two blocks are alike! ..and the price on that is a bit prohibitive...imho
Old 10-17-2016, 09:19 AM

Geri B - thanks so much for the info. I probably have the email buried somewhere in my unread stuff as I always get their messages. So ---- yep, I did sign up for the once-a-month plus the acrylic templates - the cutting templates are wonderful by the way. I'm using one for my 3/4" hexies - decided to go old school and draw around the plate and cut with scissors. I had a wonderful time actually at my handwork group last week. Now I only have thousands left😬

Unfortunately I had to go buy a new PC as my old computer just rolled over and died - her death was quick! So I went whole hog and got an all-in-one with big storage and fast speed - i7 for those who know PC.

Again thanks for ghr the heads up from Paper Pieces. They didn't even take any charge card yet - said they would get back to us in a few weeks for payment.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 10-17-2016, 10:31 AM

I received the same email and have signed up. Maybe I will finally finish mine. I bought the Blue Dear Jane BOM from Stitchin Heaven about 8 years ago and took Brenda P's class at Empty Spools. I made a couple of blocks there, but nothing since (retired and moved 6 years ago).
Old 10-17-2016, 04:59 PM

Caspharm - I also bought that BOM. It's in a nice plastic box with all the patterns and fabrics - just waiting. Maybe, just maybe I'll get to it before I get sent to the "home"😄😄

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 10-17-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by ladyinpurple135 View Post
Caspharm - I also bought that BOM. It's in a nice plastic box with all the patterns and fabrics - just waiting. Maybe, just maybe I'll get to it before I get sent to the "home"����

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Sandy, mine is also in a tote, just waiting for me to finish. Definitely on the WIP list
Old 10-18-2016, 02:54 AM

If it keeps you moving forward DO IT. You'll be so pleased when you get to the end!