Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
different Twister tool >

different Twister tool

different Twister tool

Old 02-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

Ask the fabric dept manager to order the ruler for you if it is cheaper at the store then listed online. Some products at Walmart online are higher then the store price. It is listed in the inventory of Walmart. If he/she says they can't, they just don't want to. I know too many Walmart fabric dept managers in many towns around me for one to give me a spill.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:15 AM

I'm not sure there is one. I've been there at different times of the day and any time I needed something cut or needed help, I was helped by someone that didn't work in that department at all and said no one did.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:40 PM

Just purchased this ruler from Nancy's Notions - less expensive! Find it at "nancysnotions.com"
Old 02-20-2014, 07:49 PM

The one that was at Walmart was at Walmart Online. If you wanted you could have it shipped to your address for a fee if not you could pick it up at the nearest Walmart. They would ship it there for free.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:30 PM

I don't want it badly enough to give walmart online my financial information. I've been hacked a few too many times there and when I posted about it (not here) a whole thread of people had the same problem. I had to email them to get them to remove my cc info from the site. I couldn't do it myself.

BUT I just got a new card after the Target debacle and it's good for another day or two so if I was going to order from walmart.com, now would be the best time. lol
Old 02-21-2014, 10:31 AM

I totally understand Gale. You can't be too careful. I too have had cc problems but thanks to a watchful cc company it was caught. Where I live there aren't any LQS anymore. They have all closed, even Hancocks packed up and left. The only way I get anything is to order online or go to Hobby Lobby or Walmart. I don't really like WM quality of fabric. Sometimes it isn't so bad. If the online places don't have a phone number to call to order from I usually won't get it.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

You can use a prepaid Visa or Mastercard. All you have to do is call and get a three digit security code to use when ordering. You don't even have to use your real name for a prepaid card.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:21 AM

The last time I looked into getting a prepaid visa, there was a fee. 3% or something? I was at Joann's today but decided I really don't need another ruler. At least not now-I have too many other projects to work on.

btw I think one of my credit cards offers one-time numbers. They never did before-it must be a new thing. I think it's a citibank card.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:01 PM

I tried my sister's L'il Twister and hated it. I just couldn't master cutting all around without having to cut all the spots I missed.i just bought the June Tailor ruler and find it a pleasure to use. It is sold anywhere that her rulers are sold, even the big box stores.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:23 PM

I know this is an old thread, but if anyone wants to order from WM on line just go to the store and buy a gift card. I do it all the time instead of giving them my cc.