Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Easy way to save your Web Tutes >

Easy way to save your Web Tutes

Easy way to save your Web Tutes

Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM

Default Easy way to save your Web Tutes

While web surfing recently, I discovered a wonderful web link that will turn web pages into PDF documents that you can save to your computer. Oh joy oh joy. Now all of the web links that I have saved in my favorites of tutes that I wanted to keep can now be changed into pdfs so that I can save them to my computer and disk storage. I am sew happy.

Before this discovery, I was copying and pasting in Word or bookmarking tutes I wanted to keep. But after getting a bad computer virus and the ensuing cleaning, I lost all of my links. Now I am going through the process of converting tutes I have bookmarked currently. I hope you find the link as helpful as I do.

The web link is called joliprint.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:26 AM

WOW... super idea... I think this is a project for our son-in-law, a computer geek...I will have him look in to this for me..Do you have a plan for storing your disks?

Judy in Phx, AZ (formerly lived in the Show me State)
Old 04-18-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
WOW... super idea... I think this is a project for our son-in-law, a computer geek...I will have him look in to this for me..Do you have a plan for storing your disks?

Judy in Phx, AZ (formerly lived in the Show me State)
joliprint is simple to use. you just copy the weblink of the tute you want to turn into a PDF file into joliprint.com and click a button. i save all of my files to a cd backup now since i was infected by a computer virus and lost everything.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

I convert to pdf and store all my files online (cloud). I use cute pdf program. It's free and completely safe. I can download the saved to any computer anywhere, when I need them. No space wasted on my computer. There are many free online sites that save small to very large docs or pdfs. I always send all my digital photos to be saved online. They are all there safe if anything happens to my computer. The pictures I take with my phone are automatically saved online. I let Google keep all my bookmarks. I can access those from any computer. I can log on to any computer and feel like it's mine. All my stuff is right there.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 AM

this is handy, I like it a lot!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

It sounds wonderful and I hope you get them all done successfully.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I convert to pdf and store all my files online (cloud). I use cute pdf program. It's free and completely safe. I can download the saved to any computer anywhere, when I need them. No space wasted on my computer. There are many free online sites that save small to very large docs or pdfs. I always send all my digital photos to be saved online. They are all there safe if anything happens to my computer. The pictures I take with my phone are automatically saved online. I let Google keep all my bookmarks. I can access those from any computer. I can log on to any computer and feel like it's mine. All my stuff is right there.
bellaboo this link would probably work best for those of use who like to save copies of the webpage tutes. i know i like to have copies in hand available when i am making the projects and there are just some quilt patterns i want to save for later use.

i know there is numerous online storage options available but for those who want to "keep" them handy without being in front of their computer, this link provides that option. i have many quilt patterns saved to cd discs that i can access regularly when i am looking for patterns. i have found it works for me that way.

it's wonderful that there are so many options available for one's individual tastes.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM

I just tried it, takes a little time, but worth it!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 AM
Swap Hosts

Thanks, Mary! Love it!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:32 AM

Great link and resource! Thanks for sharing.