Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
----emblibrary.com-----big Sale Going On >

----emblibrary.com-----big Sale Going On

----emblibrary.com-----big Sale Going On

Old 10-05-2011, 04:29 AM

Have a great sale going on for all of you who like embroidery designs; plus you get 5 free designs of your choice. What a great deal

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Sale.aspx
Old 10-05-2011, 04:33 AM

Thanks for the notice. I love that site so will probably spend a few hours browsing...
Old 10-05-2011, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Thanks for the notice. I love that site so will probably spend a few hours browsing...
Me too. I've been collecting the free viking designs for almost a year now in hopes that my #1 would be fixed. Now I just bought a new Ruby so they will all work with it and now with this sale I can really get more. I want to do the stand up angels and the stained glass for starters.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I already have a wish list started.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:51 AM

I am a newbie to ME....just bought a babylock ellure plus and have not had any of the classes yet.....tell me what I should know......what have you all done with your machines....thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
I am a newbie to ME....just bought a babylock ellure plus and have not had any of the classes yet.....tell me what I should know......what have you all done with your machines....thanks
for me with the embroidery; I'm just getting started. I bought a machine last year (used) but couldn't get it sewing right. On this site every month they have free designs for what ever fromat your machine uses; mine is HUS for Viking; for a year I've been downloading all of the free ones and since I just bought a Viking Ruby they can all be used with this machine. I want to do the navity seen from this site for my daughter and the free standing angels so with this sale it's a good place to get them. This site also has lots of free projects that you can download. I also want to learn the cutwork. I know how to do cutwork the old fashion way but there is a kit that you can get that makes it so much easier. I'm taking the free classes from my LQS where I bought my machine plus I can join the machine embroidery club for free. Every month they do a different project that will help you learn different techniques for your machine. I also want to do bath/kitchen towels for Christmas presents and my youngest grandkids call me GiGi so Iwant to make them things that say that instead of grandma. I'm so excited to have been lucky enough to have been able to get this new toy to play with. I'm going to sew my first block on it this week for my civil war class and I'm also making a really cool bag that I got from the embroidery site to carry my stuff in. I'm sorry; I forgot to ask when you said you were just getting started I assumed you meant embroidery but do you also mean sewing in general. I'll help if I can and share what I know
Old 10-06-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg
for me with the embroidery; I'm just getting started. I bought a machine last year (used) but couldn't get it sewing right. On this site every month they have free designs for what ever fromat your machine uses; mine is HUS for Viking; for a year I've been downloading all of the free ones and since I just bought a Viking Ruby they can all be used with this machine. I want to do the navity seen from this site for my daughter and the free standing angels so with this sale it's a good place to get them. This site also has lots of free projects that you can download. I also want to learn the cutwork. I know how to do cutwork the old fashion way but there is a kit that you can get that makes it so much easier. I'm taking the free classes from my LQS where I bought my machine plus I can join the machine embroidery club for free. Every month they do a different project that will help you learn different techniques for your machine. I also want to do bath/kitchen towels for Christmas presents and my youngest grandkids call me GiGi so Iwant to make them things that say that instead of grandma. I'm so excited to have been lucky enough to have been able to get this new toy to play with. I'm going to sew my first block on it this week for my civil war class and I'm also making a really cool bag that I got from the embroidery site to carry my stuff in. I'm sorry; I forgot to ask when you said you were just getting started I assumed you meant embroidery but do you also mean sewing in general. I'll help if I can and share what I know
I've been machine enbroidering about 2 yrs and agree with you on classes & read everything you can. I thing I like to do is making a design & making it like a free standing design. I a use fine netting in hoop W/stabilizer under netting. Sew design like normal when completed take from hoop & cut away netting & stabilizer. Then place on project and zig zag on. Makes place easier for me. Hope I explained it right if not PM me.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by scrappy2
I've been machine enbroidering about 2 yrs and agree with you on classes & read everything you can. I thing I like to do is making a design & making it like a free standing design. I a use fine netting in hoop W/stabilizer under netting. Sew design like normal when completed take from hoop & cut away netting & stabilizer. Then place on project and zig zag on. Makes place easier for me. Hope I explained it right if not PM me.
WOW!! You are so far a head of me; I have no clue what to do at this moment. Like I said my other machine never did work; the good thing on that is that the seller(on ebay) had given me a 2yr warranty so I've spoken to him and he's having it picked up and will repair it and then I'll just sell it for what I paid plus shipping. Plus I have a few items that I can't use on my ruby that I can sell to; so there won't be any lost money. I'm just setting up my machine now. I'm not sure if I feel confident enough to start using the embroidery part without my first class. The older machine has such a step by step instructions that I would have felt better setting that one up. The new one has very few instructions considering the difference in cost it's crazy that there isn't more instructions. My first class isn't until next week; I'm getting antsy waiting. I wish I could say that I understood what you were saying because that is what I want to do; make the freestanding designs like the angle on the embroidery site.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by scrappy2
WOW!! You are so far a head of me; I have no clue what to do at this moment. Like I said my other machine never did work; the good thing on that is that the seller(on ebay) had given me a 2yr warranty so I've spoken to him and he's having it picked up and will repair it and then I'll just sell it for what I paid plus shipping. Plus I have a few items that I can't use on my ruby that I can sell to; so there won't be any lost money. I'm just setting up my machine now. I'm not sure if I feel confident enough to start using the embroidery part without my first class. The older machine has such a step by step instructions that I would have felt better setting that one up. The new one has very few instructions considering the difference in cost it's crazy that there isn't more instructions. My first class isn't until next week; I'm getting antsy waiting. I wish I could say that I understood what you were saying because that is what I want to do; make the freestanding designs like the angle on the embroidery site.
When I first got my machine I had no idea what I was getting into but now so glad I did. Few times I felt like crying. I was told that if you don't use the netting the stitches will apart. Also to get a clean cut around the design take an iron and touch the edges to melt the netting. I had problems getting my designs straight on project. Doing it this way helps getting it straight. Zig Zag with clear thread. I have a cutwork design that I haven't tried yet. I'm scared. I have learned alot off this Board too :thumbup:
Old 10-06-2011, 08:39 AM

Thank you for the "sale" notice - somehow I missed it in my email. I like just about everything they have but especially this time of year the Christmas Village (scene) packages.

Marysewfun