Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fabshophop

I want both too! Smashed taters and gravy is my favorite food! I'll pass on the rabbit. bad experience when I was a kid. Don't like squirrel either.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    I want both too! Smashed taters and gravy is my favorite food! I'll pass on the rabbit. bad experience when I was a kid. Don't like squirrel either.
    Now, what kind of veggie......salad? Yes, salad sounds good. MMMM.....spinach salad. I make an awesome one!

yummm, love spinach salad. Dessert? Something chocolate?

hmmmmm.........I don't have any good chocolate recipes, but I can make a great cheesecake!

I'm afraid to try to make cheesecake. I make peanut butter pie for the church dinners. I don't like peanut butter though.

I was afraid to do it too, but it's really easy. Heck, if I can make it, anyone can!

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
    I'll get the gravy started!! LMBO
    Cool! It tastes like chicken! lol

LMAO!!!!

Now, what kind of veggie......salad? Yes, salad sounds good. MMMM.....spinach salad. I make an awesome one!
    Some turnip greens would be very tasty!!!

hmmmmm.........I don't have any good chocolate recipes, but I can make a great cheesecake!
    I make this awesome decadent rich chocolate cake!! It melts in your mouth!! I love making them at Christmas time and I make them look very festive... hmm I wonder if I have a photo of one here

Okay I found a photo on my Facebook, but when I copy it, it looks small.. I hope this works.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

that looks yummy! Can you post the recipe in the recipes- if you share?

I've been looking for the perfect moist chocolate cake for years. Could this be it?

that looks yummy! Can you post the recipe in the recipes- if you share?

I've been looking for the perfect moist chocolate cake for years. Could this be it?
    If you don't mind waiting a few days, I will post it after the weekend. The book is down to Mum's place. I will spending the weekend with her. she said she is kidnapping me for a few days while Trevor is working all weekend.
    There is a big Quilt Convention going on here in St. John's all week. We are going to hit some of the exhibits and the merchants market over the weekend with our other Thursday night sewing group gals!!! I plan to get my batteries charged so I can take my camera with me and get some inspiration photos!! I'll post them when I get them!

hmmm, just found you guys here lol, please please, feel so silly, can someone explain what this shop hop is, and what the bunnies are about? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Barb M
    hmmm, just found you guys here lol, please please, feel so silly, can someone explain what this shop hop is, and what the bunnies are about? :)
    www.Fabshophop.com is fantastic way to spend hours browsing the internet sites, about 130 if you want to be a grand prize winner, frustrated that you have to locate a stupid little clipart bunny, being sidetracked into the brainwash mode of retailers telling you that you will be getting a bargain to spend a zillion dollars, plus an arm/leg for shipping to get a little piece of fabric, then hearing lots of other ladies tell you how lucky they were to win a gift certificate.

ok - to be nice now: it's an opportunity to shop online through a variety of quilting/sewing stores. When you locate the clipart bunny, you can move to the next store. And at the end of the month you may be eligible to win goodies. I'm never the lucky one. And with a slow clunky internet connection at work (my free time) it takes me hours and hours and hours that I could be productive, like reading a mystery novel or something, just waiting for the next ER victim to arrive. (can any one tell it's the end of my shift, and the end of my week, and I work too many nights???)

hmmm.....thank you so much :) I wonder if you have to spend anything to find the bunnies, or does it all work on seduction lol, you don't have to spend, but you're gonna want to? Sounds like you're working a graveyard shift, i used to work that shift, in a little corner store, oh that shifts a killer...thanks Sarah :)

hmmm.....thank you so much :) I wonder if you have to spend anything to find the bunnies, or does it all work on seduction lol, you don't have to spend, but you're gonna want to? Sounds like you're working a graveyard shift, i used to work that shift, in a little corner store, oh that shifts a killer...thanks Sarah :)
    Barb, you don't have to buy anything.
    Just "shop" around and ooh and aah over all the stuff, I do! lol
    I have 86 out of all the shops done. Not sure at the moment how many total there are, but you only need 98 to be in the running for the grand prize.
    Hint for you....if you can't find the bunny...check the Newsletter link on the sites.
    If you can't find the bunny anywhere, write down the name of the shop, then go back to it.
    OR...maybe someone here can help you out.

Oooh, what's the grand prize??? :) This is starting to interest me, i can shop and drool, and not spend a penny lol Oh, and how do you know how many shops you've done, do you have to write them down, or the pc keeps track for you?

Oooh, what's the grand prize??? :) This is starting to interest me, i can shop and drool, and not spend a penny lol Oh, and how do you know how many shops you've done, do you have to write them down, or the pc keeps track for you?
    There's a Member's Area where you log in and it will tell you the Shops Visited. That means, the shops that you FOUND the bunny at.
    The grand prize is a REALLY nice machine!!

Ok, you got me going on it. Help Terri! I'm confused on the registration, is says street one and street two, what does that mean, street two?

Ok, you got me going on it. Help Terri! I'm confused on the registration, is says street one and street two, what does that mean, street two?
    Just fill out Street One
    THen do city, state, etc.

Forget about Street Two

Ok, i can't live on two streets! lol lol :)

Ok, i can't live on two streets! lol lol :)
    Sure you can...if your house sits on the corner of 2 streets. ;)

now you did it terri- you've created a monster. She'll fall in love with it and she'll probably win the grand prize and we'll be pushed aside to only win the little stuff. :cry:

Actually barb- I like to check out the stores for all the free patterns and I always look at the quilt gallery- where people have submitted pics of the quilts they have finished. Lots of inspiration- as if we didn't get enough here on the list. :)

Barb

hehehe...yes, she's created a monster! It's 5am, and i'm still up!!!!! lol lol Uhm, yes, i'm captivated by the quilt photos lol lol going to bed now! :) :) :)

hehehe...yes, she's created a monster! It's 5am, and i'm still up!!!!! lol lol Uhm, yes, i'm captivated by the quilt photos lol lol going to bed now! :) :) :)
    LOL
    Did you manage to catch any of those rabbits? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    I zoomed the picture of your cake and it is super. Are you sure you don't work in bakery? None of mine look that professional. LOL
    Loretta I love cooking and baking!! I brought that particular cake (from the photo) to work last Christmas. It didn't last long. People were afraid to cut into it.. I told them not to be so foolish and I cut the first slice!! LOL I passed the knife and server to the guy next to me and said you are the lucky recipient of the first slice!!! :P

I looooove making this cake!!! I got many good comments over the years whenever I made it and had some people suggest I make them up to sell this Christmas... If I have time I might consider it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast