Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Fat Quarters Sale >

Fat Quarters Sale

Fat Quarters Sale

Old 05-19-2008, 01:28 PM

The Ebay site that sells the Red Rooster fabric for $2.99 a yard is now saleing Dan Rivers fat quarters 48 of them for 24.99 which is .52 cent apiece. I have never bought the fat quarters but I buy their yardage a lot and have bought Dan River fabric by the yard and it is very nice. They only have it once in a while by the yard. Here is the addy for the fat quarters and you can get to the yardage from there. :D

http://stores.ebay.com/CROWSNESTQUILTINGFABRICS_fat-quarters-fabric_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ9109980QQftidZ2QQtZk m
Old 05-19-2008, 01:37 PM

DonnaRae, you're so bad - pointing that out to me when I already have 20 yards on the way! How am I ever gonna resist temptation this way?!? :lol:
Old 05-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

Awesome find! Shipping is reasonable too! Thanks :D
Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Roben
DonnaRae, you're so bad - pointing that out to me when I already have 20 yards on the way! How am I ever gonna resist temptation this way?!? :lol:
OOh, twenty yards, thats so good. Where from?
Old 05-19-2008, 05:57 PM

The same seller, DonnaRae - Love her stuff!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Roben
Roben

You are not alone.. I think I have 20 yards coming myself from 2 different places!! arrggh!! now I need to look at this place again!! LOL.. I have purchased fabric a few times from the Crows Nest eBay site and I have been very very pleased with what I received!! I have definitely become a repeat customer to this place!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:22 AM

The fabric is great, but the automatic postage calculator from ebay said that i'd have to pay $17. No way! The price for the fatties are great.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:50 AM

I never calculate the shipping. If I did it would be very high. The calculater just adds it has no brain to think of. Just do your order and then they calculate the shipping for you. It is always very very resonable. If you want to know the shipping first email them and they will give you the best estimate based on what you want to buy. I got five yards one time and they stuffed it into the $4.70 (I think that is the cost) envelope. I have not found anyone else that does that except for one other person.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by saravincent
The fabric is great, but the automatic postage calculator from ebay said that i'd have to pay $17. No way! The price for the fatties are great.
I have had that happen to me before in other eBay bids and sales, and I would email the seller to confirm the final price and to email me the proper price invoice. Didn't have a problem. I remember one time the shipping would have cost over $50. I knew that had to be wrong. I notified the seller and the change was made.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:56 AM

saravincent, what you saw was E-Bay adding the postage for each individual item (Say, $5) and then deducting any discount for multiple items (say, $1) because the automated calculator doesn't know how to figure stuffing a bigger envelope or box :D I can tell you that from that seller, I just paid $9.80 shipping for 20 yards of fabric :lol: The seller will combine everything into one invoice, adjust the shipping, then e-mail you the invoice so if you purchase from her don't immediately pay - wait for that e-mailed invoice and all will be fine.

I've placed several orders with her and haven't had any problems.