Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Found: Free Embroidery Software >

Found: Free Embroidery Software

Found: Free Embroidery Software

Old 01-30-2011, 11:53 AM

But it is only for a Windows machine. Wish they had something like this for a Mac.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:01 PM

This is what I found http://www.freesierrasoftware.com/stitchandprint.asp
If that is not the download page look on the left side for the link. What is this download?

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
Wait I am wrong, it is for Visual Stitch and Print. Still can't find the software.

I goggled and found more sites to get it from free by downloading. Then all the tutes and more are on the site for download or whatever.

I went there and could not find anywhere to get the software. the one page for puchase reads to get from local dealer. What am I missing?

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
I've been looking for awhile now for a free, unlimited, easy to learn software. And I found it. Sierra's Stitch Era, you can find it at www.stitchera.com. I've work a few patterns now using this software and I'm very happy with it so far. I've tried several and this one not only works well, it's easy to learn. You can down load it from a dealer's website but if you order the free disk (pay for shipping) you'll get the software plus training videos and printable lessons.

Just wanted to share.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:56 PM

I went there and could not find anywhere to get the software. the one page for puchase reads to get from local dealer. What am I missing?

Originally Posted by MzMcKee
I've been looking for awhile now for a free, unlimited, easy to learn software. And I found it. Sierra's Stitch Era, you can find it at www.stitchera.com. I've work a few patterns now using this software and I'm very happy with it so far. I've tried several and this one not only works well, it's easy to learn. You can down load it from a dealer's website but if you order the free disk (pay for shipping) you'll get the software plus training videos and printable lessons.

Just wanted to share.
From www.stitchera.com look at the paragraph for Stitch Era Universal. You will find a link in the lines "free for the end user". Click the link. It will take you to freesierrasoftware. In this section there is a link for "How to get it, Find a dealer. Click the link. Complete the information for your location and it will give you a list of on line dealers. The notes for each dealer will tell you if you can download from their site or purchase a disk. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:32 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

I have another Sierra product on my PC..Print Artist..I think that this means I should not download this product. Has anyone done so and what happened. (The instructions say to not download if you have another Sierra product.)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:18 PM

Took me a few minutes more to figure this out, but yes you do have to find a dealer website and then it will download. Thanks for all the comments & help or would have never figured it out.

Just wanted to share.[/quote][/quote]

From www.stitchera.com look at the paragraph for Stitch Era Universal. You will find a link in the lines "free for the end user". Click the link. It will take you to freesierrasoftware. In this section there is a link for "How to get it, Find a dealer. Click the link. Complete the information for your location and it will give you a list of on line dealers. The notes for each dealer will tell you if you can download from their site or purchase a disk. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks![/quote]

Sorry I posted twice that I finally figured this out...
Old 01-30-2011, 06:20 PM

Took me a few minutes more to figure this out, but yes you do have to find a dealer website and then it will download. Thanks for all the comments & help or would have never figured it out.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:10 AM

From www.stitchera.com look at the paragraph for Stitch Era Universal. You will find a link in the lines "free for the end user". Click the link. It will take you to freesierrasoftware. In this section there is a link for "How to get it, Find a dealer. Click the link. Complete the information for your location and it will give you a list of on line dealers. The notes for each dealer will tell you if you can download from their site or purchase a disk. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks![/quote]

I was already at freesierrasoftware so I can figure out now. Thanks, but what is the free Stitch software at Sierrasoftware site?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 AM

it's the sae, just a different srart site.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 PM

When I attempted to download my security told me of a virus detected, so I am erring on the safe side.