Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Found a great inexpensive iron >

Found a great inexpensive iron

Found a great inexpensive iron

Old 12-20-2016, 08:46 AM

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA
Default Found a great inexpensive iron

If you have tried many irons and been dissatisfied, then check this out on QVC:

Rowenta Project Runway 1750 Watt Floral Design Steam Iron

http://www.qvc.com/Rowenta-Project-Runway-1750-Watt-Floral-Design-Steam-Iron.product.V33984.html?sc=V33984-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-V33984&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/v/84/v33984.001?$uslarge$

I have a Rowenta that I hate - doesn't get hot enough and tough to get creases out of the fabric. I think this is my 5th iron - all sorts of brands :-( I could have bought one of the most expensive ones by now with the money I have spent on lousy irons.)

This one has holes all over the sole, steams garments on the hanger, uses regular tap water and at 1750 Watts it's right at the top for heat. It's reasonably priced and on easy pay right now.

Can you tell I love it? Never have I ironed a quilt top so easily!! :-)
Old 12-20-2016, 09:07 AM

It's pretty! I have a Rowenta that I like really well, but some people on this forum have had bad luck with them. I switched to a Black & Decker a few months ago because it's lighter and I have arthritis, but I'm going back. The B & D doesn't have the auto shut off and I've left it on - only once, but that could be all it takes to start a fire.

I hope your iron always works well for you!
Old 12-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

I also bought a rowenta from qvc about four and half years ago. It was the Mercedes Benz fashion week iron and except for the flowers looks exactly like this one. It is a wonderful iron and works like a dream for all of my ironing. I love using it as a steamer to get wrinkles out of my clothing. The only thing I don't like about it is it is very hard to see though the purple to see how much water is in the reservoir as you are filling it.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:21 AM

Just purchased this on ebay for $55.00 and free shipping. I have a Rowenta that I've used for years, but like how this one seems to have A LOT of steam and hopefully will have a hotter temp. (And the best selling point? - Lavender!!) Thanks for the heads-up on this one.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:39 AM

Thanks for the info on this. I have been looking for a good, hot, full size iron. I will be ordering this one.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:03 PM
mac

I wouldn't consider $70 + tax as inexpensive, but this does look like a great iron. I love all of those steam jets they have.

I have had my share of Rowenta irons that have not held up. My first one lasted a very long time, but the subsequent ones did not last very long at all. It makes me leery about buying another one.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:15 AM

How long before automatic shutoff?
Old 12-22-2016, 07:07 AM

I have the Project runway rowenta iron bought from QVC a few years ago...its great..about same price also..