Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Found a great place for sewing machine repair >

Found a great place for sewing machine repair

Found a great place for sewing machine repair

Old 07-29-2014, 11:54 AM

Default Found a great place for sewing machine repair

My Juki was having a problem with the needle up/down. I found Doug's Sewing & Vacuum in Lebanon OH. I was having a hard time finding someone to fix a Juki. Doug is just a nice guy and now my machine is sewing great again. And for a very reasonable price. He also gave me a discount because I belong to a guild. Just wanted to give a shout out for his good work & great customer service!
Old 07-29-2014, 11:55 AM

Nice to know! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:09 PM

Oh how I wished I was near him. Just paid $271 to have mine fixed. I've taken it back 3 times. Last time they said this is as good as it gets!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by mayme View Post
Oh how I wished I was near him. Just paid $271 to have mine fixed. I've taken it back 3 times. Last time they said this is as good as it gets!
Goodness Mayme, what type of problem are you having and what kind of machine? I have an older Juki TL98Q. It's not a fancy machine, but it is a workhorse. My needle up/down was acting up. I took it to him to be repaired & also told him to clean and service it. For my needle up/down he said he tightened a screw, so he didn't charge me for that. For the cleaning & service he charged me (with tax) $64 and took some off of that, because I belong to a quilting guild. I was thrilled! Quilted with it last night.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

My repairman in North Charleston SC is also great and he is very reasonable..The amazing thing about him is that he has MS an is very challenged to walk but he sure can repair machines.