Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Free Craftsy Classes until Friday 10-12

Blog Entries

Exclamation Free Craftsy Classes until Friday 10-12

It's on both the craftsy site and the bluprint site. My sister got the email from Craftsy. I got the email from bluprint. No wonder people are confused. lol.

www.craftsy.com
    www.mybluprint.com

Senior Member sewingitalltogether's Avatar
    Thanks!! I looked all through their classes. Haven't decided yet.

Statesville, NC formerly Orlando, FL and surrounding area
    Is the class free where you can watch it anytime or can you just watch it once for free?
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Blog Entries
    You can watch it as much as you want until Friday. After that it's no longer available unless you purchase or subscribe.

Great offer! Usually they only give free weekends, so it's a treat to have a whole week of watching.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

My mother-in-law and I share the Craftsy Unlimited, now BluePrint, and I like to watch classes while doing dishes. Makes the chore more bearable!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    I didn't realize sharing was permitted there.

I guess it's no more illegal than the people out there who share their Amazon Prime, or Netflix, or Hulu with family members. My father-in-law bought the year of Craftsy Unlimited for his wife and me for a mother's day gift this past year. It's one password and one email address. We both enjoy it a lot.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    I guess it's no more illegal than the people out there who share their Amazon Prime, or Netflix, or Hulu with family members.
    That doesn't make it right. That's like saying "Well, my neighbor swipes my newspaper, so it's ok if I hook an extension cord to his house and use his electricity." Both actions are stealing, illegal, and wrong.

Blog Entries
    I don't think it's allowed with those other companies either. Amazon prime does allow you to share with family members who live in the same household though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    Both actions are stealing, illegal, and wrong.
    Wow, so fast to cast judgment. No worries. I was just trying to say I enjoy the Craftsy classes. Heavens.

I'm pretty disappointed with Craftsy these days. I just went to watch a free lesson on making a Week-end Duffle bag & when I went to print out the supply list & templates a notice popped up and said I had to subscribe to Blueprint in order to get the materials list/templates for the class. I don't want any more subscriptions & am also finding Craftsy more complicated to maneuver around than before.

I watched some of the classes and really like watching Angela Walters... did I get her name right? Have a poor memory for names. She is very personable and easy going. I did notice that there wasn't a lot of variety in the quilt classes tho. At first it seems that there is but there is a lot of repetition and overlap. I have watched as many as I think I am interested in and the week isn't over and I haven't subscribed. HA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by osewme View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed with Craftsy these days. I just went to watch a free lesson on making a Week-end Duffle bag & when I went to print out the supply list & templates a notice popped up and said I had to subscribe to Blueprint in order to get the materials list/templates for the class. I don't want any more subscriptions & am also finding Craftsy more complicated to maneuver around than before.
    One time I think I was able to download class materials during a free weekend but most of the time it hasn't been available. I guess it's just kind of a preview trial thing. I find I rarely even watch the classes I've bought so I have no desire to subscribe.

If you’re into fmq , Wild Quilting with Christina Cameli is a good one to watch.

I'll have to try that one, JanieW. Thanks for passing the suggestion along.

I've been watching Angela Walters Dot to Dot quilting. I don't know if it is style I would actually use myself, but I'm sure I can adapt her ideas to suit my style. She's fun to watch too.

I'm enjoying some of the cooking shows. But when the shows are free, you cannot access the Class Materials which include the recipes.

Blog Entries
    I can't seem to get the free classes on my ipad. Anyone else?