Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Free paper piece project for the Cinderella in all of us...a Fabric  Godmother >

Free paper piece project for the Cinderella in all of us...a Fabric Godmother

Free paper piece project for the Cinderella in all of us...a Fabric Godmother

Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 AM

Looks cute! Got it bookmarked for my bucket list.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:41 PM

I remember this from before and I was hoping some people would post pictures of their quilts. I printed out a pattern but some of the pieces are so tiny I don't know if I can sew them.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
I remember this from before and I was hoping some people would post pictures of their quilts. I printed out a pattern but some of the pieces are so tiny I don't know if I can sew them.
Please take the time to watch a few videos on youtube under the subject " how to paper piece" before you give up on it? I am going to use it to teach myself to paper piece. Want to be 'paper piece buddies' for the project? We can help each other figure it out.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:52 PM

Thanks for the link! Looks like fun!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:56 PM

I made a quilted Fairy Godmother a while ago. Not sure where she is. SHe is somewhere upstairs in the mess that is my sewing room. She is not quilted. ANother UFO that I forgot about. She went together pretty quickly. Lots of fun.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:34 AM

Has anyone else had problems printing the PDFs with the correct 1 inch squares? I have tried all sorts of way of manipulating the PDFs and my printer setting and they are all vary from 1/16th to 1/8th too small.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:57 AM

I made one 2 years ago and they are really cute fun PP patterns.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Has anyone else had problems printing the PDFs with the correct 1 inch squares? I have tried all sorts of way of manipulating the PDFs and my printer setting and they are all vary from 1/16th to 1/8th too small.
I had the same problem last year, when I downloaded the units before trying to print them, then this time when I tried to get the pattern, this year, I just hit the print button on the PDF that comes up when you click the Unit A, Unit B, etc. The print icon is in the upper right side of the screen shot that opens automatically. I guess when you try to download it, something changes in translation? I have sent you a PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:08 AM

I learned in another thread, if you use IE explorer to print patterns the 1" block will turn out the right size. I use chrome but switch to IE to print the pattern, maybe it's the same with .pdf?

I also downloaded the free "Foxit" reader to use instead of Adobe and haven't had as many problems with .pdf files.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:12 AM

Madame Kelly, It would be fun to do it together. I have made some paper pieced quilts, and I have made some paper pieced blocks in the "Block of the Month" thread in this group. That's why I thought the pieces were so tiny in comparison to what I've done. I don't see how it is possible to sew them. Maybe I printed them out too small, or could make the patterns bigger before attempting to sew? Also, I don't have much stash and it takes a lot of different little color pieces.

Can some of you that have done them help us out? Do you have pictures? Were some of the pieces tiny, like 3/8 " by 1/2"?

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Please take the time to watch a few videos on youtube under the subject " how to paper piece" before you give up on it? I am going to use it to teach myself to paper piece. Want to be 'paper piece buddies' for the project? We can help each other figure it out.