Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Good source for toilet paper >

Good source for toilet paper

Good source for toilet paper

Old 11-23-2020, 02:07 PM

Default Good source for toilet paper

When our grocery stores were out of TP back in late spring my DH found we could get all we wanted from Office Depot. They even deliverd for free. We first started out by ordering some of those big, big rolls like you seen in commercial restrooms. Granted, we don't have a dispenser for them but that's o.k. Then as we searched the Office Depot more thoroughly we found some TP that really met our needs. It's septic safe & only .68 per roll. We bought a few cases of it. Now that I go back to their site I notice that they still have it for sale & not out of stock.
Just a heads up for any of you who can't find TP at your local stores right now. Here's a link to what we buy but they have all sorts of brands....just do a search if you are particular about a certain brand.
https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...r-1000-Sheets/
Old 11-24-2020, 03:44 AM

Also, check out Gordon Food Service or Cisco. Last spring they supplied grocery stories fill their shelves. Not the quality we are accustomed to in our homes but they fill the need.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:13 AM

And if everywhere is out we still have J.C. Penney's catalog pages and the phone book pages to use. We must get 5 phone books a year as we live in a small town so they shower us with books for other small towns too. Lucky us!!!!

So far I haven't had to succumb to using these pages but that's what our folks and grandfolks had to use back then.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:06 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Something to keep in mind for the future.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:09 AM

also check your local janitorial supply company. Might have to buy a case.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

I found an unopened box of the big commercial rolls at Goodwill. 12 rolls for $3. I couldn't pass it up. It's 2ply and does the job. I have had one in the bathroom the grands use and it's been in there for almost a year. It's septic safe and doesn't clog the toilet and they use a lot at one time. I have given a few rolls to friends that have RV or camper toilets. They said it works great and lasts a long time. I still have eight rolls left. It's a little peace of mind stored in the attic. LOL Thanks for the heads up about Office Depot. Forgot all about their office supplies like that.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:11 PM

I got a big package of toilet paper from Sam's today. They had plenty of toilet paper, but none of the little cube boxes of Kleenex. No clue what that's about.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
... but none of the little cube boxes of Kleenex. No clue what that's about.
I've been calling grocery shopping foraging. You look around and get what you can, bc you never know what will be out.

I live in the Finger Lakes and do most of my grocery shopping at Wegmans, paper products either there or at WalMart. Since the end of March, lots of things, particularly paper products and cleaning products are hit or miss. I will admit to being a bathroom tissue, facial tissue and paper towel snob, but in these times, the kinds we want are not always out there. An acquaintance who is a buyer for a major store says they just cannot get the products. Seems crazy all these months later, but as we are seeing the COVID numbers go up again, I guess it's possible that the number of people absent from work at factories also plays into this. I am glad that I only have to shop for DH and myself now.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:57 PM

Just don't flush the phone book pages if you have to resort to that!

The other option is rags. Old t-shirts, torn into 6-inch squares and wet in the sink work well. Toss the used ones in a covered bucket, like a diaper pail and put them in the washer as needed. Maybe check Walmart for washcloths if you don't have any old t-shirts.