Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Great fabric origami site >

Great fabric origami site

Great fabric origami site

Old 06-05-2011, 01:16 PM

I couldn't get it to open without buying a membership of some sort. I hate Facebook, anyway, and I'm surprised Facebook would permit an obvious infringement of copywrite post. I have no idea what this "scribd" thing is, but I don't like it, either. Another good thing to stay away from.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:47 PM

This book is part of The Scribd Archive. You have to be a paid member to download it. Before griping about Copyright infringement how about reading the fine details....do your due diligence first. I get so tired of this argument on here. It's probably one of the reasons a whole lot of good quilters who used to contribute here don't anymore and boy are they missed. Now anyone who doesn't like what I said, fine. No problem, but please be considerate and gripe at me in PM and not flood this thread with crap. Off my soapbox now.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Banned

Here is a note from the actual Publisher of this book!
having a membership to download something does make it legal!

****Thank you so much for alerting me to this situation. As a small publisher, it is very difficult, if not impossible, for me to control copyright infringement of this kind. I am very grateful to you for the link to this site. I have requested the book be removed and will be following up with my attorney during business hours tomorrow.

Anne Knudsen
President
Breckling Press
Old 06-06-2011, 03:50 AM

Yeah... that is so wrong.
As a designer I cringe when I see things like that made public for people. Chances are the same person has a ton of other books and patterns uploaded :'(
Old 06-06-2011, 04:08 AM

What is the name of the book? It is something I'm interested in, but the link doesn't work for me. I'd like to look for it at my local bookstore.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:02 AM

Thanks so much for sharing this site!!!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by aeble
What is the name of the book? It is something I'm interested in, but the link doesn't work for me. I'd like to look for it at my local bookstore.
it is flower origami by Kumiko Sudo.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by lfw045
This book is part of The Scribd Archive. You have to be a paid member to download it. Before griping about Copyright infringement how about reading the fine details....do your due diligence first. I get so tired of this argument on here. It's probably one of the reasons a whole lot of good quilters who used to contribute here don't anymore and boy are they missed. Now anyone who doesn't like what I said, fine. No problem, but please be considerate and gripe at me in PM and not flood this thread with crap. Off my soapbox now.
Good thing the Scribd Archive has within their fine print that they will honor requests to remove books and documents when requested. As the publisher said, it is nearly impossible to keep track. If all of us keep our noses clean in this respect we won't have to be the watchdogs, huh.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:21 PM

Sorry guys! I just scanned through the pictures on the site and thought they looked good. No wonder! Didn't mean to stir up a bee's nest with this post. I had bookmarked it to return to later as we are on a road trip and I am not spending much time on websites. I really hadn't noticed that it was a book not to mention that it wasn't hers to put out there. Ann in TN