Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Grit's La Passion

Grit's La Passion

Is anyone doing this pattern? It's an EPP pattern (free) from Grit in Germany.

https://gritslife1.blogspot.com/p/hexagonquilt.html

It is all 1/2" EPP hexigons. All 17,898 of them!

I joined the Facebook page, but was just curious if anyone else is doing this.

So far I have about 923 hexies done. At this rate I'll be finished in about 3 yrs.

Blog Entries
    well goodness, see your work in three years!. i believe you. it is beautiful though. Good luck.

Power Poster
    ​Lovely results but just “no”

beautiful but oh so small. Even though I like EPP, I am in awe of how many hexicons there would be to make. It looks like it may be hard to follow everything on the "LABELS" she says the patterns are found. May have to save to go back to later. Am I that ambitious??????? probably not.
    Patsy

Make a quilt and learn German too! What's not to like?

Seriously, that's a huge undertaking and I take off my hat to you.

Watson

It's a beautiful quilt, but I won't be making it. I give anyone who does it my appreciation.

It's a stunning quilt and I like EPP but I have too many other projects going at the moment. Good luck!

Thanks ladies.

I realize it isn't for everyone. I tend to jump into anything new with "both feet"....and I think this project might put my feet 6' under! LOL.

My goal is to make 35-50/day. At that rate, with what I already have done, I will be done with hexies (not connecting them, though) by next year at this time. Literally.

Mercy.

But....I'm snowed in today, so it's a perfect past-time while watching the news.

Stay tuned!

Red, you made me laugh! It is beautiful, we all agree on that but no, I won't be doing it.

I can't believe you plan to not connect the hexies!! I would suggest that you sew the hexies in steps as per her pattern. That way you will encourage yourself, seeing the top grow, and have something to use another way if you quit mid-project. What is your daily time commitment? How long does it take you to trace, cut, sew 35 to 50 hexies?
    Last edited by givio; 02-02-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Oh my goodness....this a gorgeous pattern. What colors will you be using? After viewing all of the quilts on the link you provided, I cannot choose a favorite! So so pretty. Please post your progress!

I'm with givio. Start joining the hexies to create elements and that way you will have 'something' if your passion wanes, instead of just a pile of little hexies.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Power Poster
    looking at the quilt, there are logical placed one could stop and still have a stunning piece.

Oh please do begin joining your hexies and posting pictures so we can all cheer you on and relish in your progress with you! I applaud you for committing to such a consuming project - it will be worth all of the time invested!
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!