Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Interesting Iron Test & Reviews >

Interesting Iron Test & Reviews

Interesting Iron Test & Reviews

Old 10-05-2013, 07:20 PM

Default Interesting Iron Test & Reviews

I was searching another link & came across this iron test & review. She reviewed 6 different irons from a fairly inexpensive Black & Decker to the higher end Oliso. I found it very interesting. Thought I would post it so others can check it out. Hope it helpes someone who is searching for the perfect iron. The link is:
www.sewmamasew.com/2013/10/iron-reviews-with-sara-lawson-of-sew-sweetness/

Thanks for looking. Vonda
Old 10-06-2013, 05:58 AM

Very informative, thank you for posting
Old 10-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

I don't keep small appliances until they break down. I replace them when they start looking used and worn. Same with irons. I'd rather have a new iron every year then an expensive iron I felt I'd have to keep a long time to get my money's worth. A new inexpensive iron will last a year. I have the older classic irons I find at yard sales but seldom use them. I do like the no steam iron and use it the most.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:20 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Thanks for the information .. Since I have taken up quilting (along with sewing !LOL) I have gone through a few irons. Just bought a B&D Iron and hope it holds up; thinking about an Oliso for the future. I also have a very small (what I call a hand iron-purchased at Jo-Ann's) for seaming and it works wonderful when I remember to use it !LOL
Be sure to unplug your irons when done; heard of a few irons causing fires. Mine gets unplugged after using it.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:22 AM

very informative, thanks. Every iron I have ever used leaks, puddles, spits and sputters! I have given up on steam and just use a water spray bottle. My big gripe now is the auto shut- off / sleep mode! My Sunbeam has to be unplugged and plugged back in before it will wake up if I leave it longer than a few minutes, no amount of shaking and slapping will wake it up! I only use it for prolonged ironing chores. My newer Rowenta leaks and sputters but wakes up and reheats in a matter of seconds. I hear good things about Reliable irons and will probably try that brand next.