Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Janome machines will be sold on HSN

Janome machines will be sold on HSN

I read this on Facebook:

Mark your calendars and set your DVRs.... You asked for it and HSN has it....JANOME on HSN coming this Thursday at 11am & 4pm! We've put together two exciting shows with 5 different machines... I know at least ONE of them is perfect for YOU!!!! See you on-air.
    I love my life!

And pay more money no doubt. I buy local.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

I don't think they will be as much as the dealer. HSN usually has a special package that isn't sold elsewhere. I have bought two high end machines from HSN . What I like is I can sew on them non stop for 30 days and send back with no problem if something isn't right. I haven't found a dealer to do that. I didn't need how to use lesssons as I had the type of machine before and the dealer is happy to do maint. on it. He won't turn down money just because I didn't buy it from him. It's a great option for anyone that isn't close to a dealer or doesn't need how to sew on the machine lessons.
    I love my life!

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    And pay more money no doubt. I buy local.
    Do the research before buying, and then one will know what the pricing is.

Assuming that Janome publishes their prices, that is.

Blog Entries
    for those of us with no local dealer, online is great. I did buy mine from a dealer (not local but an hour away) but now they won't offer any support at all. So I might as well have bought online for less.

Thanks for the post-I will have to check out HSN this week just for the heck of it!

What is HSN? I just googled it and found the answer. Ignore me this time.
    Lynda

Home Shopping Network. Check your tv listing

Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Blog Entries
    I like my Janome 6600, but I LOVE my Pfaff creative. No contest

Blog Entries
    WalMart also sells a Janome now 7630 which is only available at WalMart. The price is $299.99 and it comes with an extra high presser foot lift. I think I will take advantage of lay-away and get one for myself.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    I love my 6600, I shopped around at local dealers and online for best price. The best price I found for new online was $1,599.00 and here in town one dealer wanted $2,499.00 and the other dealer wanted the same as on line. I then looked at Ebay I found mine for $1,029.00 with free shipping from a seller with excellent ratings. I jumped on it. I don't think this machine had even been broke in yet, she is in perfect shape & so far not a single problem. So happy I didn't take DH up on his offer to just go buy it at the cheaper dealer. Of course I didn't get any free lessons but I'm sure I could pay for some. i don't worry about repairs on any of my machines as my local Singer shop repairs any machines in house. And I'm proud that I saved $500.
    Jeri

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
    From what I could find out on Facebook it is five more different models then the Janomes they have been selling already.
    I love my life!

Blog Entries
    If I'm spending the money these machines demand, no matter where they are sold, I want the customer service that should go with them. You can't get the same customer service online or over the phone that you get in person. I always say buy your high cost machine from a place that has great customer service and you feel comfortable in.

I won't mention my first choice for a machine when I went to the emb machine because I didn't buy it because I have rarely had good customer service from them. As a matter of fact, I bought a lap size Grace frame and had to contact the company because not only did the store not give me the lessons, they wouldn't produce the instructions like they promised. After contacting the company the store sent me the instructions within days. You shouldn't have to go to that extreme to get what is due. To say the least I wouldn't want to go to that store on an on going baises.

I'd also be concerned as to how they are made. Machines are made differently depending on what type of store they are being sold in. This is with most items rather its a sewing machine, computer, etc. I'd rather have the one on one that my Viking store gives me and my Brother store gives me for my serger.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
    Home Shopping Network. Check your tv listing
    Does HSN publish their schedule on the internet?

Okay, let me just respond to romanojg above... what you are saying about different machines for different stores.. that myth has already been debunked by someone on this board (can't remember who) that called a manufacturer directly and got the information. All machines from the same company are made in the same manufacturing facilies in the same way... period. Now, don't confuse this with different MODELS of the same machine - yes, there are different models sold in different places, with some small "tweaks" to make them either more or less expensive. So there will certainly not be any top-of-the-line Janomes on HSN this week. There will be slightly different versions of those machines.

MaggieBB, just go to the HSN website (www.hsn.com) and put "Program Guide" in the search box at the top right hand side of the page. Then you will be able to see the schedule (they publish about two weeks' worth of info at a time). You can also watch HSN online if you don't get them on your cable system. That link is right at the top of the page, I believe.

And don't forget about HSN's Flex Pay system, which has enabled many people (like me, for instance ) to buy a better machine while stretching out the payments. Much easier not to have to shell out all those dollars at once!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
    If I'm spending the money these machines demand, no matter where they are sold, I want the customer service that should go with them. You can't get the same customer service online or over the phone that you get in person. I always say buy your high cost machine from a place that has great customer service and you feel comfortable in.

I won't mention my first choice for a machine when I went to the emb machine because I didn't buy it because I have rarely had good customer service from them. As a matter of fact, I bought a lap size Grace frame and had to contact the company because not only did the store not give me the lessons, they wouldn't produce the instructions like they promised. After contacting the company the store sent me the instructions within days. You shouldn't have to go to that extreme to get what is due. To say the least I wouldn't want to go to that store on an on going baises.

I'd also be concerned as to how they are made. Machines are made differently depending on what type of store they are being sold in. This is with most items rather its a sewing machine, computer, etc. I'd rather have the one on one that my Viking store gives me and my Brother store gives me for my serger.
    Great, if you have the option. Not everyone does. People like us in rural areas don't have a store, much less one we feel comfortable in. Some may have plenty of stores but none with great service so why spend more on them there when you get the same service from an online store for a lot less money. I insisted on buying from a dealer, haggled over the phone, drove an hour to pick it up (with limited store hours so it wasn't all that convenient). Then a few weeks later I called to ask when I should bring it in for servicing and was told that since I got a "deal" (which was $100 off) I would get no support or service whatsoever. I was not told this when they offered the $100 off-I would have gladly paid the $100 for the ONE free service they offered and some other support. I wish I'd bought it online for a few hundred less-I would have gotten better service.

Blog Entries
    Gale,
    I'm sorry you had such bad service. We are lucky that there are several stores here and I'm very lucky that the store I go to is fantastic. Both of my emb machines that I got were listed as used but I still got the warranty from them along with them being completly serviced before I bought them. The second one was only listed as used because it had been set up at the convention. Since the box was opened but the machine wasn't used it had to be sold at a used discount. Both of my machines I saved thousands on and the second one has the orginal warranty. My main thing is that no matter where you buy one, make sure you have a warranty in hand before they have your money in their hands. The one store I mentioned, is one that I wouldn't have trusted to do the right thing if needed. I could be wrong but that's how I felt. Its so sad that all of these stores can't be honest and do what's right. Just because they can get by with messing over a customer doesn't mean they should. The other thing that I was saying is that when machines are made to sell at cheaper stores they don't always have the quality that they should have. Good luck with your machine and even though the dealer wasn't good I hope you have lots of yrs of good sewing with it.
    Judy

When I bought my Singer Quantum from HSN years ago I took it to the Singer dealer here and he said he could not get that machine, it wasn't available. My version was made with extra features and was heavier then the model he had. He said it was built to last not to be sent back in 30 days because of problems. The one he sold if there was a problem it was his problem.
    I love my life!

Blog Entries
    On the Janome website, it states that certain model numbers are available only at WalMart or HSN/Amazon. I found it interesting that these machines have metal frames.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I read this on Facebook:

Mark your calendars and set your DVRs.... You asked for it and HSN has it....JANOME on HSN coming this Thursday at 11am & 4pm! We've put together two exciting shows with 5 different machines... I know at least ONE of them is perfect for YOU!!!! See you on-air.
    What time zone is that, please?