Joanns coupon

Old 07-27-2016, 05:52 PM

YES, I printed off my coupon this morning and then made my DH drive me to the closest JoAnn's (40+ miles) and saved $73.73 my receipt says. They did make a mistake on one jewelry item - but don't know if I will bother to bring my receipt to them the next time I go as it would only be $2.25. The lady that checked me out said I was the first one using the coupon and she did not know anything about it - about noon. I came out with a HUGE bag full of fabric and my DH was happy to see that the trip was fruitful.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by klswift View Post
we have run many of these this summer. Often they are for particular areas, such as thread and notions wall, papercrafting, paints etc. Also, many of the 20% or 25% off total purchases have been for both sale and regular items. You just can't use a coupon on a coupon (ex. if you use a 40% one item, this item will be excluded from the 25% off total purchase). But, you do need to read the coupon because some of them are in-store only or online only. One hint is that if there isn't a barcode on the coupon, it will be online only. Also, the system will not process an expired coupon, it simply will not do it, so please check the dates.
I was very happy with this particular coupon, and had no trouble using it yesterday on top of the 30 percent off sale price. Very happy with it.

Thank you for your explanation.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:44 AM

last week I scored a 60% off a regular item at JoAnns. The store is 1 hour away- I was looking for a fat quarter bundle which they didn't have, but I used my coupon on Kona 108" black- good for many things and a great price. It doesn't go on sale very often either. There isn't a huge selection on Kona at our store- black or white at 108", and not much in the regular line. Need to be careful because there is another fabric mixed in the Kona's that isn't Kona....it is cotton, but not made in the USA and not Kona.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
YES, I printed off my coupon this morning and then made my DH drive me to the closest JoAnn's (40+ miles) and saved $73.73 my receipt says. They did make a mistake on one jewelry item - but don't know if I will bother to bring my receipt to them the next time I go as it would only be $2.25. The lady that checked me out said I was the first one using the coupon and she did not know anything about it - about noon. I came out with a HUGE bag full of fabric and my DH was happy to see that the trip was fruitful.
Woohoo! Good to hear of someone else who got to take advantage of this coupon. I am working on a queen size quilt which was done up to the point of binding. But I didn't like the way it lay, so yesterday cut it up in pieces. No worry, I plan to piece back together using the white on white print. I debated on cutting it up but every alternative seemed like it was going to be worse. Felt better because of the sale price I was able to get on the fabric. Might have felt a little worse if I would have had to use the bookoo expensive fabric to piece back together.

Glad to see you saved some money as well.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by salemrabbits View Post
last week I scored a 60% off a regular item at JoAnns. The store is 1 hour away- I was looking for a fat quarter bundle which they didn't have, but I used my coupon on Kona 108" black- good for many things and a great price. It doesn't go on sale very often either. There isn't a huge selection on Kona at our store- black or white at 108", and not much in the regular line. Need to be careful because there is another fabric mixed in the Kona's that isn't Kona....it is cotton, but not made in the USA and not Kona.
I like to incorporate some dark solids as well...seems to balance out all those prints. Glad you saved some money. I really don't have any serious issues with Joanns and especially with Hancocks gone, appreciate that they are around to help supply our sewing/fabric items.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:39 AM

You have 90 days to return an item with your receipt. I would suggest you call the store and ask for a manager. Explain what happened and ask what to do. Write down their name and the date on the receipt. That way, whenever you get to the store (within 90 days), you should not have any problem. Sorry for your inconvenience. And thank you for driving that distance to shop at Joanns.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:41 AM

Reminder, unless the coupon says 'in-store only', you can use that coupon for an online purchase. You will have to pay shipping (usually free if you purchase more than $50), but when you factor in your driving costs, it might work out for you.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:05 PM

Default Joann's Coupons

Originally Posted by klswift View Post
Reminder, unless the coupon says 'in-store only', you can use that coupon for an online purchase. You will have to pay shipping (usually free if you purchase more than $50), but when you factor in your driving costs, it might work out for you.
I was at Joann's today after awhile of not going there. I had 2 50% off coupons to use on a quilting book & a DVD set. Low & behold when I checked out, the associate said that they had stopped letting you use coupons on publications. Yikes! What a disappointment. Just like Michael's doesn't let you use them on books. I guess that means buying books online is cheaper again. Boohoo! No wonder that they had an out of date selection of quilting books.

Had no idea about being able to use the 40% off coupon on top of a sale item. My coupons said only on Non-sale items. Did I miss something?
Old 07-28-2016, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Msews View Post
I was at Joann's today after awhile of not going there. I had 2 50% off coupons to use on a quilting book & a DVD set. Low & behold when I checked out, the associate said that they had stopped letting you use coupons on publications. Yikes! What a disappointment. Just like Michael's doesn't let you use them on books. I guess that means buying books online is cheaper again. Boohoo! No wonder that they had an out of date selection of quilting books.

Had no idea about being able to use the 40% off coupon on top of a sale item. My coupons said only on Non-sale items. Did I miss something?
It was a specific coupon for purchase of Keepsakes Calicos only. Had to be used on that particular item. Expired yesterday.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:26 AM

OMG - in my email yesterday and today - if you are a jewelry maker - there is a coupon for 50% off beads with another 40% off coupon on top of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It expires today.