Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Joann's has half price on the Kona cottons >

Joann's has half price on the Kona cottons

Joann's has half price on the Kona cottons

Old 07-18-2016, 08:30 AM

Default Joann's has half price on the Kona cottons

Joann's has half price on the Kona cottons ($4.50/yd). Free shipping on $75 and $2.99 flat rate shipping otherwise. It's today only. http://www.joann.com/fabric/quilting...ent=HTML#sz=90

Almost tempting, but not after my quilt store going out of business binge ;-).
Old 07-18-2016, 03:32 PM

I would have love to renew my solid stash, but you have now to buy 3 yards cut at Joann. If you don't have a quilter friends, it`s not very convenient...
Old 07-19-2016, 04:45 AM

MISSED IT .....postings are not sent until the next day....wish I knew yesterday. Thanks anyway.....di
Old 07-19-2016, 04:47 AM

Wierd. I was able to put single-yard cuts in my cart.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Please remember, if it is NOT on a original RK cardboard bolt, you are buying second quality fabrics. Fabric Shack has 1st quality Kona cotton for $5.49 a yard and you get to choose for 303 colors plus half off priority shipping. You might what to check into Fabric.com website. They were selling 3 yards below $5.00 a yard.

Many fabric companies sell the fabric that does not match their quality standards along with end lots to jobbers:
https://www.seamwork.com/issues/2015...to-los-angeles
I use to shop the Fashion district in the 90s which included Michael Levine and a Michael's. Got a parking ticket once so I found other places to shop. Parking is limited.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Please remember, if it is NOT on a original RK cardboard bolt, you are buying second quality fabrics. Fabric Shack has 1st quality Kona cotton for $5.49 a yard and you get to choose for 303 colors plus half off priority shipping. You might what to check into Fabric.com website. They were selling 3 yards below $5.00 a yard.

Many fabric companies sell the fabric that does not match their quality standards along with end lots to jobbers:
https://www.seamwork.com/issues/2015...to-los-angeles
I use to shop the Fashion district in the 90s which included Michael Levine and a Michael's. Got a parking ticket once so I found other places to shop. Parking is limited.
This isn't true for Kona's at least. Kaufman has gone to great lengths to try and stop this myth. The Kona at Joann's IS the same as the Kona at quilt shops. Let me find a link to a thread where Robert Kaufman posted directly here.

Update: Here's the link. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/kona-fabrics-robert-kaufman-fabrics-t33854-4.html

Last edited by TeresaA; 07-19-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by TeresaA View Post
This isn't true for Kona's at least. Kaufman has gone to great lengths to try and stop this myth. The Kona at Joann's IS the same as the Kona at quilt shops. Let me find a link to a thread where Robert Kaufman posted directly here.

Update: Here's the link. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...-t33854-4.html
Thanks for the link! I missed the sale but did discover that Kona has a 108" wide backing in some colors for $19.99 a yard - something to remember!
Old 07-19-2016, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by profannie View Post
I would have love to renew my solid stash, but you have now to buy 3 yards cut at Joann. If you don't have a quilter friends, it`s not very convenient...
Profannie, Fabric Depot has them for $5.77 and the minimum is a half yard. Not bad. Http://fabricdepot.com