Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
layette for baby >

layette for baby

layette for baby

Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 AM

Default layette for baby

I am looking for a free patterns to make the sacque and the long kimono that are pictured on the pattern. does anyone have any links that could help me.

http://momspatterns.com/inc/sdetail/78556
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 AM

I didn't see anything like that pattern . . . BUT here's a link with free patterns, for lots of other great baby-related ideas.

http://www.allfreesewing.com/Sewing-for-Baby/page/1
Old 04-23-2012, 10:14 AM

Thanks for your help, I will take a look.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:06 PM

Can't help, but good luck on your search!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:23 PM

I typed in Free Baby Kimono Pattern into the Search engine and I came up with several items.

http://www.freesewingpatternsdaily.b...by-kimono.html
www.marthastewart.com/article/baby-kimonos
weebabystuff.com/diy-maven/posts/582-how-to-make-baby-kimonos
Old 04-24-2012, 09:17 PM

Wow, that pattern envelope looks like the one I used over 40 yrs. ago for our oldest daughter. Made #1 kimono. Will have to see if I still have the pattern.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 AM

Default I have good luck finding baby patterns at the thrift shop

I have found the one you are looking for and others much similar at the thrift shop. Other than that try a search for Simplicity 9380, a newer version but much the same. It is out of print but you can find it easily from online sellers for about half of what a new pattern costs nowdays....really $13-$15, really. Most thrift shops have a plethora of patterns for about 25cents....I am not real Goodwill fan, they want too much for their stuff but Salvation Army, St. Vinnies, or some local charity shops are full of used patterns. You can also try the blog www.habitual.wordpress.com for a sweet little kimono top and www.homespun-threads for some cute kimono baby shoes. I could only upload the pdf for the top...you will have to try the web address for the shoes....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
kimonopattern.pdf (621.4 KB, 260 views)
Old 04-25-2012, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by kellen46 View Post
I have found the one you are looking for and others much similar at the thrift shop. Other than that try a search for Simplicity 9380, a newer version but much the same. It is out of print but you can find it easily from online sellers for about half of what a new pattern costs nowdays....really $13-$15, really. Most thrift shops have a plethora of patterns for about 25cents....I am not real Goodwill fan, they want too much for their stuff but Salvation Army, St. Vinnies, or some local charity shops are full of used patterns. You can also try the blog www.habitual.wordpress.com for a sweet little kimono top and www.homespun-threads for some cute kimono baby shoes. I could only upload the pdf for the top...you will have to try the web address for the shoes....
OOPs I sent the wrong PDF......Well here is the thing...I just cannot get the files to upload. So you will have to go to the web site. It is a cute pattern and it sews up easy. I have made bunches of them, some even with some matching pants. Good luck and if you really want the PDFs then pm me and I will give you my email addy so I can send them on via yahoo.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Minnisewta View Post
I am looking for a free patterns to make the sacque and the long kimono that are pictured on the pattern. does anyone have any links that could help me.

http://momspatterns.com/inc/sdetail/78556
My mom used a similar pattern in 1953 to make the raglan sleeve gowns and used gripper snaps for the closures. I used the same pattern in 1963 to make gowns for my first baby and then in later years made more for the other two children. Still have the pattern. I love raglan sleeves. The babies don't "outgrow" the garments so fast when they've got moving room in the shoulders. If you'd like I could cut out a pattern for you and send it by snail mail. Send me a PM.