Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: On Line Free-Motion Quilting Class

  1. #1
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,849
    Blog Entries
    20
    If you are interested in learning free motion quilting and don't have access to classes locally, here is a link to a free motion class that I have signed up for at craftsy.com and absolutely love. There are a total of 10 classes which you can watch at any time you want. So far I have watched the first three and really like what she is teaching. I can't wait to have the time to watch the rest. Right now you can sign up for half price ($29 instead of $59).

    http://www.craftsy.com The link to the class is towards the bottom of the page "Machine Quilting with Wendy Butler Berns"

  2. #2
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    42,522
    Blog Entries
    43
    isn't technology wonderful... to take a class in the comfort of our own house.

  3. #3
    Member barbie50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    44
    Thanks for this. I have been waiting for a class at my LQS, but every time they've offered it, I have been traveling! This might really work for me. . .

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    984
    Have you seen the FMQ project by Lea Day?

    http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.c...tart-here.html

  5. #5
    Super Member Zappycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,301
    I saw that advertized too. Sounds like a great idea. I surely need all the help I can get... even AFTER taking a class!!

  6. #6
    Junior Member mdollar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seale, AL
    Posts
    201
    That is the class I signed up for too and I like it a lot!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    If you are interested in learning free motion quilting and don't have access to classes locally, here is a link to a free motion class that I have signed up for at craftsy.com and absolutely love. There are a total of 10 classes which you can watch at any time you want. So far I have watched the first three and really like what she is teaching. I can't wait to have the time to watch the rest. Right now you can sign up for half price ($29 instead of $59).

    http://www.craftsy.com The link to the class is towards the bottom of the page "Machine Quilting with Wendy Butler Berns"
    So how did you get the half price.. where do you go for that...

  8. #8
    Junior Member mdollar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seale, AL
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady Stiching
    Have you seen the FMQ project by Lea Day?

    http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.c...tart-here.html
    This is a great site/tool! I want to go back and look more at her videos. She has some great advice.

  9. #9
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,849
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by shirsh
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    If you are interested in learning free motion quilting and don't have access to classes locally, here is a link to a free motion class that I have signed up for at craftsy.com and absolutely love. There are a total of 10 classes which you can watch at any time you want. So far I have watched the first three and really like what she is teaching. I can't wait to have the time to watch the rest. Right now you can sign up for half price ($29 instead of $59).

    http://www.craftsy.com The link to the class is towards the bottom of the page "Machine Quilting with Wendy Butler Berns"
    So how did you get the half price.. where do you go for that...
    I apologize. It appears this is a special offer for people who get the Quilter's World Newsletter. You can subscribe (free) to the newsletter here: http://newsletters.drgnetwork.com/

    I think Quilter's World is in the fourth row down.

  10. #10
    Super Member KimS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Missouri
    Posts
    1,982
    Thanks so much for the link. Unfortunately with no quilt shops even close to me I have to depend on online lessons. Just signed up and can't wait to get started. :-)

  11. #11
    Super Member franc36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,496
    I have finished 6 of the lessons and am really enjoying the course. A couple of the things I have learned were well worth the money.

  12. #12
    Super Member grandme26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    2,562
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    If you are interested in learning free motion quilting and don't have access to classes locally, here is a link to a free motion class that I have signed up for at craftsy.com and absolutely love. There are a total of 10 classes which you can watch at any time you want. So far I have watched the first three and really like what she is teaching. I can't wait to have the time to watch the rest. Right now you can sign up for half price ($29 instead of $59).

    http://www.craftsy.com The link to the class is towards the bottom of the page "Machine Quilting with Wendy Butler Berns"


    :thumbup: :D :thumbup: I also signed up for the class and am half way through the second lesson. I like the idea that I will always be able to go back and redo the lessons if I need to.

  13. #13
    Super Member fivepaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,601
    Thank you. I signed up.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    816
    Thank you

  15. #15
    Power Poster dreamer2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES
    Posts
    10,151
    Blog Entries
    7
    THANKS for sharing !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.