Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Magnifier Lamp at AC Moore >

Magnifier Lamp at AC Moore

Magnifier Lamp at AC Moore

Old 07-03-2014, 04:07 PM

Thumbs up Magnifier Lamp at AC Moore

I purchased a magnifier lamp at Paducah last year, have it at my machine, and love it. Wanted to get another for another machine….Just found one at AC Moore, on Clearance, for about a third of why I paid at Paducah.
If you are in the market for one, and have an AC Moore in your area, check them out!
Old 07-04-2014, 09:56 AM

Has anyone used or purchased the acculquilt die cutters?
Old 07-04-2014, 10:19 AM

When my husband retired, he gave me his great big clamp-on lamp that has a very strong magnifying glass. I clamped it to my Koala cabinet and placed the magnifier in front of my face, pointed toward the bed of my sewing machine. I look through the magnifier to sew. I was so shocked at how wonderfully it magnified what I am working on, plus giving me a more direct light. Now, I can see stitches closely without having to wear "cheater" glasses. I LOVE it! I don't know how I ever got by without it before. I highly recommend trying it!! If you want to see a picture of my set-up, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a picture.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:22 PM

Great idea on those lamp!
Yes I have the acquilt go system and dies....love my blocks, strips the best.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:11 AM

Could you please post the name of the lamp you like for you machine? Thanks!
Old 07-05-2014, 04:11 AM

I just bought one on clearance at WalMart for $9.00. It was in a box by Simplicity, but I had never seen this item a WalMart before. I looked on line (Amazon) and found the Simplicity and the same one by C.C. Bigger(?). I looks to be somewhat cumbersome, but the magnified can be locked in an up position. After I put it on my machine, I liked it more than I thought I would.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I just bought one on clearance at WalMart for $9.00. It was in a box by Simplicity, but I had never seen this item a WalMart before. I looked on line (Amazon) and found the Simplicity and the same one by C.C. Bigger(?). I looks to be somewhat cumbersome, but the magnified can be locked in an up position. After I put it on my machine, I liked it more than I thought I would.

the only review I found for this was negative.
She said she and a friend purchased this item and they didn't fit their machines.
The picture looks like a thin or even a "toy" sewing machine, which doesn't make sense to me.
Could you tell me what kind of machine you put your light on? thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post

the only review I found for this was negative.
She said she and a friend purchased this item and they didn't fit their machines.
The picture looks like a thin or even a "toy" sewing machine, which doesn't make sense to me.
Could you tell me what kind of machine you put your light on? thanks

I have a vintage New Home (approximately 3 3/4" thick). It comes with several soft pads that lock together, I did not need the extra pads. There is a screw attachment on the front (with a disc similar to the pads that cushions the screw on the front) that would allow adjustment on thicker machines. I just pulled the box out of the trash. The machine on the box looks like a real machine to me; however, my machine is thicker than the one on the box and I only needed the pad that was attached, not the additional pads included. However, I could see that if your machine was thicker than 4 1/2", it might not fit. Hope this helps.

I had been looking for something along this line for a long time to aid in threading my machine; so for me it is the perfect solution.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I have a vintage New Home (approximately 3 3/4" thick). It comes with several soft pads that lock together, I did not need the extra pads. There is a screw attachment on the front (with a disc similar to the pads that cushions the screw on the front) that would allow adjustment on thicker machines. I just pulled the box out of the trash. The machine on the box looks like a real machine to me; however, my machine is thicker than the one on the box and I only needed the pad that was attached, not the additional pads included. However, I could see that if your machine was thicker than 4 1/2", it might not fit. Hope this helps.

I had been looking for something along this line for a long time to aid in threading my machine; so for me it is the perfect solution.

I'll have to measure mine, but I'd be surprised if it's thicker than that. This is good to know, thank you.