Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Momoe's stars quilt pattern - i found it!!!!!! >

Momoe's stars quilt pattern - i found it!!!!!!

Momoe's stars quilt pattern - i found it!!!!!!

Old 09-21-2014, 07:49 AM

Directions say: BE SURE TO POSITION. FLEECED SIDE AGAINST THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BACKING.

My question primarily is this . . . do you position the fleece this way to cut down on lint . . . or so that
wrong side of the fleece will more closely resemble fabrics? I KNOW I am misunderstanding something or am just being sooooooo blonde. Just want to know WHY.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:47 AM

Thank you thank you for posting the link for Moses Star I can't wait to start it
Old 09-21-2014, 12:27 PM

This would be a nice quilt, thanks...............
Old 09-21-2014, 01:25 PM

Madgie Rae - I think the direction "BE SURE TO POSITION. FLEECED SIDE AGAINST THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BACKING." is just making sure you have the hexie side up so when you bring the scallop edge over the top of the hexie you don't have the fleece showing instead of the intended hexie material. Remember you will not see the fleece in the finished quilt. Again, the back of the quilt is the scallop, the batting is the fleece and the top is the material you choose for the hexie. Hope this helps. Also, go back and read direction 4 again, then direction 5.

Last edited by juneayerza; 09-21-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:30 AM

Thanks. After reading just what you said . . . it cleared up for me. THEN . . . re-read 4 & 5 as you suggested and thought DUH . . . . did I say I was blonde?
Old 09-22-2014, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing..
Old 09-22-2014, 11:23 AM

Madgie Rae - I'm glad it has cleared up for you. I've been in the same boat a time or two and I'm not even close to being blond.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:49 AM

This pattern was also in Quilting Today magazine, Issue 81, but it was called Almost a Cathedral Window in that magazine. When I saw the pattern on the board, I saved the picture of the finished quilt as my background picture on my computer. I spent a looong time trying to find this pattern, until another helpful quilter helped me obtain the pattern. After I got the pattern, I was sorting through my magazines, and guess what I found!?! That same magazine, with SAVE FOR PATTERN marked on the front. Now I have 2 copies, just have to find time to make it.