Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most Awesome Validation of what Quilters do!!

DCG

Most Awesome Validation of what Quilters do!!

I received this in an e-mail, and I had to share. Please watch it.
    Not sure how to post a link, but if the link doesn't work, just go to youtube and search for 2012 Miami Quilts of valor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzT4bKmLJvg

Banned
    Blog Entries
    oh my gosh...here I am with tears of joy.....those are OUR kids, grand kids, husbands, wives, nieces, nephews, etc...and US..the quilter's! How beautifully done! Our troops have done our country proud and we quilter's have done ourselves proud! THANK you for sharing!

That made me cry.I think I need to go work on a quilt of valor.

Blog Entries
    I also am in tears. Thank-you for sharing this with us here. I made a couple of blocks and sent them in for this project. We are so lucky to have these kind of people in our country. God does bless us here in the USA.

Really awesome, thank you for sharing this with us!

Thank -you for taking the time to share this !

Blog Entries
    I have to admit when I went to the video and saw that it was 11:28 long, I thought to myself "I don't have 11 and 1/2 minutes to watch a video" Well that was the best 11 min 28 sec cry I have ever had! I am so proud of the men and women that have fought for our freedom and I pray to God everyday that they can all come home and be with their families and loved ones and that there doesn't have to be anymore injuries and deaths. God bless all those Quilts of Valor quilters, there is a special place in heaven for each of you, that is for sure!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

The quilt group at our church has done American Hero Quilts for wounded soldiers at Madigan Hospital in Steilacoom, Wa. But we have never had the privilege of actually giving them out personally. What a blessing! Thanks for sharing.
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

And why isn't THIS on National TV?? Thank you for something many people never get a chance (or choice) to see.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Cha
    I think alot of QOV will be done from this u tube...make you so thankful for them all! Great quilters too! Thanks for the post!

Blog Entries
    This video has left me with tears in my eyes You quilters are awesome God bless you all, CONGRATULATIONS
    from my guild here in Bermuda .Will try to pass it on THE BERMUDA QUILTERS GUILD.
    lots of love to you and your service men.
    Noella

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerK View Post
    And why isn't THIS on National TV?? Thank you for something many people never get a chance (or choice) to see.
    EXACTLY...Thankyou soooooo much for sharing.
    Quilting is my PASSION not my pass time.
    If Your DREAMS don"t Scare You...Then They Are NOT Big Enough!!!Dare to DREAM!

www.quilterella.ca

It was a wonderful video, I have given to quilts of Valor. It felt like I got to see my quilts being given, even though it was'nt. Lots of tears here to be sure. Thanks so very much from a very humble heart. We are to be proud of all our vets.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Blog Entries
    Your link worked great. What a tearjerker this was. So many young people have sacrificed for our freedom. I wonder how many people realize how young our vets are.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

God Bless our service men and women, and God Bless the quilter's who contribute to such an amazing cause!
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

Blog Entries
    I sent a link to my facebook page! Lots of good responses!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Thank you for sharing this. I too cried a bucket of tears and think that I need to get quilting.

Wow. That was awsome. I am still choked up. Am so proud of our quilters, but not as proud as I am of our soldiers. All of them. My grandson served in Iraq and came home physicaly fine, but mentally was deeply wounded. He is now leading a productive life, has a wife, daughter and son but I know how hard he worked to get back to "normal". God Bless America and all of those who serve or have served her so bravely.
    Patimint

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing this with all of us I'm still crying but with joy to think of what awesome men and women serve us and what beautiful poeple quilters are who honor them God bless you all

I have just watched and had a weep. Quilts of Valour is such a wonderful thing to do for these boys and girls.
    To any members on this Board that may have been involved in the making of these quilts Bless You, you have hearts of gold.

The video is very moving.

Thank you for sharing this video. It made me cry and wish all of America would do more for our Vets. They give so much and receive so little thanks in return.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

I cried through the whole thing. Such young men that have lost so much for the benefit of our country. I did not see one veteran who was not smiling. The quilts of valor is a wonderful program.
    Carmen E.

Thank you for posting this. My husband is Navy so I have a soft spot for military, especially wounded military. We were so blessed that he was never injured in the line of duty, but he seems to be in the minority. God bless our military personnel. Thank you all for your service.

Deeply touching humbling video. We can't do enough for our brave military. God bless these families.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast