Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
MSQC second magazine >

MSQC second magazine

MSQC second magazine

Old 04-24-2014, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
I got mine yesterday (4-23-14), but seemed to be at the end of the mailing list on the first issue. It is every bit as good as the first. Enjoy it when it comes........and it will eventually. Someone told me it may be sitting at the Post Office until they have room to deliver it, which is frustrating.
I think I read that here on the board too.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:00 AM

most subscriptions require 4- 6- wks before the first issue is received(something about verification, setting up data bases, mailing lists ,etc). After initial delivery, you should have no problems (I hope).
Old 04-24-2014, 09:55 AM

I think it's a poor business model to charge the customer every time the mag ships. It would be in their best interests to go to a yearly model, because as it is, I'm not sure that the original poster is the only one who thinks, "gee, they charged my account two weeks ago, why hasn't my mag shipped." This is not something they want their customers to think 6 times a year.

And I think it's an understandable for the OP to be a little perturbed. And the justifications? To order a magazine subscription even with the old model and have to wait EIGHT weeks to get an issue is really poor in the digital age and shouldn't be used to justify practices now. I could see it when they had to type each label on a typewriter or something, but there's no excuse today.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:05 AM

They do have a choice to be billed bi-monthly or yearly. All you have to do is go in and change your preferences.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:34 PM

Just to let all of you know, I got my copy today. As usual it's very nice.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:09 PM

I just got mine yesterday but haven't had much time to go through it yet.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:04 PM

Has anyone had any issues with anything ever purchased from them? I haven't. I trust them, I can' wait for mine to come, and yes I was charged already, but that just let me know I have something wonderful coming! I took the first issue into work and share it with my quilting ladies, and they all sent in for subscriptions! that was six more sold for them! I enjoyed my trip out to the shop in January 2013 when I had to go to MO for some meetings I went a day early just so I could driver the hour and half to go to the shop and meet Jenny and the "crew" well worth the trip!!
Old 04-24-2014, 02:53 PM

My thoughts exactly.
Originally Posted by Homemother View Post
When I start a magazine subscription I pay at least one full year then have to wait at least 6 weeks before the first magazine arrives, sometimes it is 8 weeks. Please be patient with MSQC, especially since this is their first year with the magazine. I appreciate their family run business and the boost to their local economy because of their efforts.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:55 PM

Good thought!
Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
You pay a subscription elsewhere a year in advance so why would it be a problem paying a few weeks in advance?
Old 04-24-2014, 05:01 PM

You cannot make any interest now days on the $5.99. It seems I read on their site they charge us and then send the block to the printer. I love this magazine. I will wait patiently.