Need to resize something? No Problem!

Need to resize something? No Problem!

Old 11-03-2010, 05:35 PM

Cool! Can't wait to use.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Google Goddess

thanks for the link

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
My husband found this program - and it's free - online and I have to say it is fabulous. The last time I needed to enlarge something 250%, I had to go to Staples and the guy there wasn't a whole lot of help and I still don't think he did it right in the end but it is what it was...

Who knew I could just do it from home??!!!
http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/

It worked like a charm - and I wish he found it sooner! We spent a lot of hours enlarging stuff and this takes seconds!

I scanned in my pages for an upcoming paper pieced project that I wanted to enlarge and it tiled and spit out the pages perfectly and all I had to do was tape them together and I was done.

I thought I'd share it with you all since I know enlarging stuff can be such a pain in the you know where :D

Okay. I totally sound like an infomercial right about now.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM

Somebody mentioned this the other day and I'd never heard of it. Thanks for the "follow-up."
Old 11-04-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by catrancher
Somebody mentioned this the other day and I'd never heard of it. Thanks for the "follow-up."
That somebody was probably me :D
I really love this program. I've used it for a few different things and it's just nice to not have to go to Staples! That one time I went there to blow up a pattern 250% cost me almost $3 to do it! That's just nuts! It probably would not have been as expensive except for the fact that there was no way to tile so it was all hit or miss with the printer... just not fun at all....
Old 11-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

Most new printers have the poster program option installed.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:56 AM

well I live waaaay out in the sticks and had to turn down a commissioned quilt because it would have been a huge applique and had no way to do it, I tired this last nite and it worked great! I am so thankful to have found it and it's so nice of the maker to share it for free.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:37 AM

Kathy I'm sorry you had to turn down that commission... maybe that person is still looking for someone to make it? But on the flip side - I'm glad I was able to help!

I have a new printer and it does not tile print at all. I'm just happy that this is available :) It works like a dream each and every time.

I had wanted to make a paper pieced project but I wanted to double the size of it - no problem! I just imported the pic, saved the pdf and bam! I was printing and taping the pieces together - easy peasy! I wanted to see how it would work before I printed it on freezer paper... That's next - after I finish up a few more projects that need to be done before the end of the year!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
My husband found this program - and it's free - online and I have to say it is fabulous. The last time I needed to enlarge something 250%, I had to go to Staples and the guy there wasn't a whole lot of help and I still don't think he did it right in the end but it is what it was...

Who knew I could just do it from home??!!!
http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/

It worked like a charm - and I wish he found it sooner! We spent a lot of hours enlarging stuff and this takes seconds!

I scanned in my pages for an upcoming paper pieced project that I wanted to enlarge and it tiled and spit out the pages perfectly and all I had to do was tape them together and I was done.

I thought I'd share it with you all since I know enlarging stuff can be such a pain in the you know where :D

Okay. I totally sound like an infomercial right about now.
I just downloaded it and tried it out....and thank you so much for sharing it.....I can tell I'm going to get alot of use out of this programme for sure.

Hugs
Naomi