Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
New auction site >

New auction site

New auction site

Old 09-02-2010, 09:15 AM

I went to the website but did not find the tutorial. I'm not sure I like the idea of loosing my money if I loose the auction. What's up with that? Not for me.
Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
it takes a wee bit of getting used to. There is a tutorial on his website that can explain it a whole lot better then I can.Yes you have to purchase bids and each bid counts towards the price of the item and if you dont win the actual bid the funds you spent on bidding can be used towards the pruchase of said item. if not then you lose out on your fundings. like i say read his tutorial it realy helps.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Administrator

the activities of the website might be legal, but they sure aren't right.

i would never ... i repeat never join a site like that.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:47 AM

it looks like that one always advertising on tv called beezid.com.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

Just my two cents worth BUT :
1- Not all the fabric has sizes or types
2-even thought you prepay for your "bids" you have to jump thru hoops after you "win" the auction or forfeit your money and item

AND the biggie for me : You grant them irrevocable access to your paypal account :shock: I don't even give that to my children !

This is truly a case of buyer beware
Old 09-02-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
it takes a wee bit of getting used to. There is a tutorial on his website that can explain it a whole lot better then I can.Yes you have to purchase bids and each bid counts towards the price of the item and if you dont win the actual bid the funds you spent on bidding can be used towards the pruchase of said item. if not then you lose out on your fundings. like i say read his tutorial it realy helps.
You mean everyone except the actual auction winner loses their money????? I can't afford that!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
Just my two cents worth BUT :
1- Not all the fabric has sizes or types
2-even thought you prepay for your "bids" you have to jump thru hoops after you "win" the auction or forfeit your money and item

AND the biggie for me : You grant them irrevocable access to your paypal account :shock: I don't even give that to my children !

This is truly a case of buyer beware
Noone gets free access to my paypal!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

This site sends up many red flags for me!! I think if it seems to good to be true, it usually is a scam of some sort...
IMHO I think it needs to be investigated a little further...
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Power Poster

I am sure it is okay for some people, I just can't afford to take a chance giving access to paypal.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:46 AM

There is another penny auction site like this, I can't remember the name off the top of my head though. Basically, you buy "bids" for $0.60 to $0.85 per bid, you then bid on an item, and the price goes up by a penny. If you win the auction, you pay whatever the ending price is, plus you've paid the .60 to .85 per bid.
So, let's say I want an item, and so does someone else. So just the 2 of us in the auction.... The bidding (I think) always starts at $0.00.
I place a "bid" which costs me $.60. Then they place a "bid". I then place another "bid" which costs me another $.60 (the item price is now at $.03, because there have been 3 bids)
So on and so forth.... let's say the auction ends at $.11, and I win it. I have paid $3.60 for my bids (I've bid 6 times at $.60 per bid) and $.11 for the item, plus any shipping costs. (I realize most auctions won't end for $.11, but I wanted an easy way to try and explain!)
Also, most items have a "sticky clock" where if you bid in the last seconds of the auction, time will get added back onto the clock. (up to an extra 20 seconds I think)
I'm not saying whether I think the site is a good idea or not, that is up to you as individuals, I'm just trying to help explain how it works...
Hope this helps! :-D
Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
the activities of the website might be legal, but they sure aren't right.

i would never ... i repeat never join a site like that.
This isn't the first time I have seen auction sites like this. I will NEVER join them. It is as close to a scam as you can get without being illegal. I feel sorry for anyone out of work, but not enough to risk my money.