Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New Free BOM from Eleanor Burns

Blog Entries

New Free BOM from Eleanor Burns

Eleanor Burns is starting a new free block of the month, "Sew Many Notions" . https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...74d27-35003373 . First block looks cute.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much for the share.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up. It would be wonderful if someone would start a sew along thread in the Challenges and contests forum.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to watch it first. I did Fun on the farm and ended up improvising on most of the blocks. It turned out great, there were so many wonderful ideas from other participants. Love the idea of sewing notions but don't know if I want a quilt out of it.

Thanks for sharing this!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    ... Love the idea of sewing notions but don't know if I want a quilt out of it.
    Me too. I'll download each one, and watch. I don't want to start anymore quilts until I have finished at least half of my WIP and UFOS. (My personal goal!)

But I was thinking this block might make a cute sewing machine dust cover! I need to make one for my Pfaff. Or it would make a pretty wallhanging for a sewing room.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Thank you for the information, looks like this might be one I would like!!

You're right NZ, it would make a neat sewing machine cover. I was thinking of a sewing tote for friends. It's a cute block.

I have signed up to get the patterns and will see how it goes. Really loved doing the Fun on the Farm quilt because it was OK to add any embellishments you wanted.

I have never done this before. Can I sign up and get them in email or do I have to look for them each month? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laurilli View Post
    I have never done this before. Can I sign up and get them in email or do I have to look for them each month? Thanks
    I subscribed to Quilt in a Day's daily newsletter. https://www.quiltinaday.com/newsletter/ I get notifications when the new blocks come out.

Has anyone seen the total amount of fabric needed to do the whole quilt? I've looked and not found it. I hate to start and then run out of something!!
    Fran

Don't see a total yardage since it's scrappy, but there are finishing instructions that help give a clue. If you go to the website and click on the finishing pattern that's for sale. In the wording there is a download for the free finishing instructions.