Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
New Template rulers >

New Template rulers

New Template rulers

Old 07-23-2013, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

I made my own squedge template. Took a photo of it with my camera then printed it out to the size I wanted. Then traced around it on plastic template grid sheets. I have some books with different templates. All I do is enlarge the photo of the template on my computer to the size I want. Usually there are 10-20 template sheets to a package.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

That is neat..thanks for the link..
Old 07-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for posting this. I can see the possibilities of these. Get a layer cake, slap the rulers on it, cut and done. I can make do with what I have and I don't need them but I'm not a make do type person when it isn't necessary. No enjoyment in that way of thinking. I may not use them but once and that's fine with me.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Thanks for posting this. I can see the possibilities of these. Get a layer cake, slap the rulers on it, cut and done. I can make do with what I have and I don't need them but I'm not a make do type person when it isn't necessary. No enjoyment in that way of thinking. I may not use them but once and that's fine with me.
I,like bellaboo, enjoy looking for the easiest way(at least I think so)..... So I have ordered the grid set from my LQS. Should be in in a few days. I have made several crazy quilts using on one the Stack n Slash method and another using muslin as a foundation using two different cutting patterns...both worked well, but I am thinking with these templates one can cut into smaller pieces and just accumulate as you go. Instead of first cutting strips or squares then proceed to cut crazy shapes. I may be wrong in my thinking but will find out in a few days when templates arrive and I "dig in"!