Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser >

Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser

Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser

Old 04-03-2023, 06:24 PM

Default Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser

I have a sheet with what appears to be a grease spot in it. It looks like it might have came from cooking grease. I tried covering the area with corn starch and rubbing it in well followed by saturating the area with Dawn liquid and using a small brush to work it into the fibers. I then washed the sheet in my automatic washer and after drying the spot was still there and had not changed as far as I could tell. A friend gave me a sample of the Oil Eater Cleaner Degreaser and told me if was the best thing she had found for removing stains. The product can be used straight from the bottle or diluted. I don't have specific directions for use but I have found the product for sale at Amazon, Home Depot and Walmart. I will likely apply it straight from the bottle and allow the product to sit on the spot for a few hours or days. Not sure as yet. Has anyone used this product and were you successful in removing grease and stains? Remarks sound as though one can use it for regular everyday cleaning too. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used the product. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
Old 04-03-2023, 08:36 PM
Power Poster

I would try any new product on an edge just in case it also removes the colour.
Old 04-04-2023, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

I use Dawn Powerwash spray on food grease stains on tee shirts. It works and does not remove the color. Also the hand cream in a tub used by mechanics to remove non food grease from hands does a great job on greasy work clothes.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:37 AM

Did you dry in a dryer or air dry? They usually recommend air drying when trying to remove a stain. You could also try some of these stain removal suggestions found at https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Grease-from-Clothes

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)