Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Porcelain by 3 sisters

  1. #1
    Super Member PamelaOry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Philomath, Oregon
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    1

    Porcelain by 3 sisters

    https://www.fatquartershop.com/porce...lf-yard-bundle

    I am in love with this new 3 sisters line and want to get some but Ive decided not to buy fabric that I dont have a specific purpose for anymore so....

    What pattern would go well with this fabric?
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,024
    Pamela, head over to the fabric moratorium and shut down the fatquarter shop. Hand your husband your credit card. Or sew something!

  3. #3
    Super Member coopah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Horse Country, FL
    Posts
    7,190
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm another vote for heading over to the fabric moratorium thread. Unless you don't have stash. If you don't have stash, then figure out what you need to do a project that you need and will be used. Says the one with a room full of misbehaving stash!! I decided I'm a fabric hoarder and need to stop looking at the ads for fabrics. "Use what you have" is my motto these days.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,024
    Just so you know, you bring laughter into my life. Opening the MQC package early, made me laugh. I shared your disappointment and sorrow over the quilt you made for your stepson. by the way , the fabric is luscious and I have no idea what pattern to use except to comment that it should be girly.

  5. #5
    Super Member PamelaOry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Philomath, Oregon
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    1
    Lol! You guys know me too well!
    Quote Originally Posted by WANNABEE View Post
    Pamela, head over to the fabric moratorium and shut down the fatquarter shop. Hand your husband your credit card. Or sew something!
    Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    I'm another vote for heading over to the fabric moratorium thread. Unless you don't have stash. If you don't have stash, then figure out what you need to do a project that you need and will be used. Says the one with a room full of misbehaving stash!! I decided I'm a fabric hoarder and need to stop looking at the ads for fabrics. "Use what you have" is my motto these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by WANNABEE View Post
    Just so you know, you bring laughter into my life. Opening the MQC package early, made me laugh. I shared your disappointment and sorrow over the quilt you made for your stepson. by the way , the fabric is luscious and I have no idea what pattern to use except to comment that it should be girly.
    thanks WANNABEE, I’m glad to hear my misadventures bring laughter to more than just me.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some where in way out West Texas
    Posts
    3,019
    Blog Entries
    3
    Pamela, I had to laugh at your last question, what a great excuse to purchase the fabric!!! LOL If you have a pattern to use the fabric with, then a great excuse to purchase the fab!

  7. #7
    Super Member Blue Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    4,010
    Saw this fabric on Sunday. It is absolutely beautiful. Need to find the perfect pattern for it. My daughter's birthday is in November so I would have time to make it. Think it is the perfect fabric for her wallpaper.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    911
    This is beautiful fabric, but alas not buying material unless I have to get back for a quilt made from my stash.

  9. #9
    Super Member givio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,343
    I'd stick with your decision to not buy fabric. If you don't have a specific purpose for it, and you are trying to ask us what purpose would be good for it, then step back a minute, and see how that really sounds...

    You know, every day there is going to be some pretty fabric that we like. If it's not Porcelain, then it will be something else.

    I suggest trying this when looking online: stick to searching for patterns that are downloadable and free. Imagine using the pattern with fabric you already have. Sometimes the thrill of starting something new gets you over the buying urge. :-) Better a work in progress, than more stash.
    Last edited by givio; 02-02-2019 at 04:44 PM.

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,556
    I really love that too -

    However I have a fat quarter bundle of an early line (think it was Chocolate and roses) that I finally found something to use it for, so I really don't need to be replacing it.

    I have a lot of fabric in my stash that I totally fell in love with, so when I get the need to pet pretty fabric, I pull out some of the totes I've got my "specials" in and fall in love with it all over. I only put fabric in totes if I want to hang on to it for just the right pattern (that I've not found yet) otherwise it goes on the shelf to be used.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,712
    Pamela, I recently had an email (add) from Hancocks of Paducah that included a kit and pattern for this line of fabric. The kit is sold out but it does show the pattern using the Porcelain line. So if you are still looking for pattern ideas, you might look at their site. That kit would have been a great buy. No wonder it's sold out! And yes, I am an enabler from way back

  12. #12
    Power Poster sewbizgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    19,234
    I love the 'low volume' range in this line. You can do vintage styles like dresdens.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  13. #13
    Super Member NZquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
    Pamela, I recently had an email (add) from Hancocks of Paducah that included a kit and pattern for this line of fabric. The kit is sold out but it does show the pattern using the Porcelain line. So if you are still looking for pattern ideas, you might look at their site. That kit would have been a great buy. No wonder it's sold out! And yes, I am an enabler from way back
    Is this the pattern? http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/SHOP...6-by-76-inches . It is pretty!!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

    1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

  14. #14
    Super Member NZquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,097
    MSQC has porcelain by 3 Sisters layer cakes on sale today. https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/dailydeal . And they even recommend a pattern for it. If you really want it, this is a great way to use the fabric line without spending nearly $200.

    Sorry that I'm not helping you save! When I saw it this morning in my email, I thought of you straight way.
    Last edited by NZquilter; 02-09-2019 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Added sentence
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

    1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

  15. #15
    Super Member PamelaOry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Philomath, Oregon
    Posts
    1,597
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thank you! I did get it, and I think the pattern is a good fit too!
    Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    MSQC has porcelain by 3 Sisters layer cakes on sale today. https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/dailydeal . And they even recommend a pattern for it. If you really want it, this is a great way to use the fabric line without spending nearly $200.

    Sorry that I'm not helping you save! When I saw it this morning in my email, I thought of you straight way.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    608
    Yay. I love that fabric too. I am secretly glad you got it.
    Pat Sloan has Lots of free patterns that would be pretty great using this fabric. This one was her 2016 Mystery BOM called My Secret Garden. If you like sampler quilts, this could work.
    https://www.freequiltpatterns.info/2...n-bom-home.htm

    Scroll around....she has a lot of free patterns.


    So does Jolly Jabber:
    https://blog.fatquartershop.com/category/free-pattern/

  17. #17
    Super Member NZquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
    Thank you! I did get it, and I think the pattern is a good fit too!
    Yay! I'm glad you got it!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

    1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.