Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: PRE-CUT FABRIC SQUARES

I DIDN'T KNOW IF ANYONE WAS INTERESTED OR NOT, BUT I CUT UP MY SCRAPS OF FABRIC FROM ALL OF MY QUILT ITEMS AND PACKAGE THEM UP FOR SALE ON EBAY. I HAVE ALOT OF REPEAT CUSTOMERS AND THE PACKAGES START OUT AT A BID OF A PENNY. SO IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN PRE-CUT FABRIC, TAKE A GANDER! THESE ARE GREAT FOR CHARM QUILTS AND FOR APPLIQUE PIECES. LOTS OF COLORS AND PRINTS.

HERE IS THE LINK: http://stores.ebay.com/Tricias-Quilts-Fabric-and-More

What a great site. I will look at all the different pictures of squares when I'm a little stronger and can sit up loner. I love your work, Tricia, you are so talented!

sharon

Sharon, thanks for the compliment. I'm blushing!!!

I hope you are feeling better and I hope you heal fast to get back to this "love of quilting". My thoughts are with you.

Tricia

Please enlighten me, What is a charm quilt?

Blog Entries
    A charm is a 5" square of fabric. A charm quilt is a quilt made up of all or mostly charms.

A charm quilt is a quilt in which every single piece is cut from a different fabric. Hundreds or even thousands, of fabrics may be used. The key is to avoid duplication. Most charm quilts feature one simple geometric shape, such as a triangle or square, which is repeated over the entire surface to form the quilts design.

Blog Entries
    Oh thanks for the clarification. I was close! lol.

well, oops. :oops: I listed my fabric squares as charms, and they are all the same! I thought it was just made up of several different ones all the same size/pattern. I didn't know every single one was different!
    I guess we do learn something new every day. Well, now I know! LOL!

Yes, It can be different or some of the same .
    I use to swap a long time ago . I don't know if any one does that any more . I have made a baby quilt from one and a wall hanging from the swaped charms .
    It was something fun to do .

Tricia,

I love those bags you sell. Do you make them yourself? :D

Still snowing? :shock:

It stopped snowing and camping was so much fun. Its in the 80's now for the next few days.
    Yes, I make those bags that I sell. I just had a lady order 8 of them for each of her quilting projects so she can keep everything more organized! Everything you see in my store that quilt items, I make myself. Plus more that I don't even have listed!

Well, I must say, you are certainly making good use of all of those snow days!!! :D I really liked your store. Good layout & clear pics.

I'm glad y'all got to enjoy your camping trip! :D I would live camping if I could!! (Don't tell RV_Quilter, but I want to be just like her when I grow up... travel, camp, & quilt!!! What a life!! :D ) We're going next week for a long weekend... I can't wait!!! Greers Ferry, AR... a BEAUTIFUL little town in the Ozarks, on a natural spring lake. Some parts of it are over 180 ft. deep, and crystal clear for many feet down. It is the kind of place you can get on a boat and ride for miles & miles, go visit some friends, park in a cove and cook out on a grill or the rocks, swim, ski, or just float & chill. :shock: I gotta go pack the camper... I'm ready to leave RIGHT NOW!! :lol:

Carla, your camping trip this weekend sounds glorious!!! I'm going to have a hard time staying inside and getting stuff done today. Its beautiful outside right now!! But I have the first farmers market tomorrow morning and I'm the market master, so have alot to get organized. I've spent most of the week doing interviews with all the media and recording radio ads. So need to work today!!!! Have fun this weekend.

Good luck with the market... I hope the weather stays nice for ya. Maybe you can pick up a couple of flowers to plant while you're there... & hopefully it won't snow before you get them home & in the ground... :shock: :lol: Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!! :D

Oh, I was going to tell you, down here (I'm not sure about up there or anywhere else) the clear vinyl bags are becoming REALLY popular again. Your bag pattern would look great made from it. I'm thinking beach, lake, quilt classes, project bags, and on and on... Anyway, just an idea. (The gangs were so bad in the Memphis schools that they made the rule "... all purses & book bags must be clear or mesh...", hence the popularity revival here. Now they're the thing to have.)

The clear bags haven't become popular here yet. My bags are one of those things that people now expect me to have!! At market they buy them to put all they're goodies in. I think alot of people like them because they wash in the machine so well. And still come out looking brand new! If the vinyl becomes popular here, I might try them.

Oh and thanks for the compliments on my store!! Its so nice to hear great feedback.

I love the look of your squares. I have just bid on some of each size..........I love your site

Thank you Ruth, I sure appreciate the business!!! Thanks for the compliment on my site. I had to take off lots today, cause I sold alot at farmers market this morning, so I guess after fishin' in the morning, I better get busy quilting!!!!

Hi,

I tried to go to Ebay as directed, but couldn't get any farther than a direction not to buy now---are you still doing this?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    The original post is over 3 yrs old and the original poster hasn't posted in almost a year.