Pressing Mats

Old 07-09-2020, 04:11 AM

Default Pressing Mats

I was just wondering if anyone has ordered a wool pressing mat from Wish. They seem to have a lot of them and the prices are really good. But, I am wondering about the quality of them.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:43 AM

I would not order from them. According to https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-franci...655/complaints they have an "F" rating and of course not accredited. Also if you google - wish.com reviews - while some may be good, the majority are not good.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 07-09-2020, 04:38 PM

The wool pressing mats are fabulous!! But they can be a bit pricey. I’m all for finding good bargains but I would buy a wool mat that seems too inexpensive alongside others. Who knows what they are really made of and where they are made, I’ve purchased the mats I have from good vendors at big quilt shows and the one for my ironing board came from Quilt In A Day when they had a nice sale. I thunk it would be better if you started to save up and get a nice size from a reputable seller, I do have a small,one for those small blocks but the one I use at home and take to quilting guilds (remember those!!) is a 17” x 17”. It works for most sizes if blocks I sew.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 07-10-2020, 09:47 AM

I wouldn't buy one from Wish...too risky, IMO. It needs to be 100% wool and I just wouldn't trust it.

Look into a western saddle pad. 100% wool, 1/2" thick and way bigger than anything you're going to get from a quilt shop for 1/4 the price. Mine works great and I cut it in half and gave the other half to a girlfriend.

Check this one out. Read the comments. They also have a 30% off coupon today. wool pad

Watson
Old 07-10-2020, 10:28 AM

The only thing I purchased from Wish was a Charm pack. The fabric quality was so poor I could see my hand through it. I threw away the entire pack. I am done with Wish.