Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/2013-bonnie-hunter-mystery-celtic-solstice-t233227.html)

JeanieG 11-29-2013 12:24 PM

I'm using one neutral this year Bellfry! I did that on Orca Bay (year before last mystery) and it turned out great!

Caroline S 11-30-2013 08:23 AM

Are we going to have another thread here for our Celtic Solstice progress. I did sign up on Yahoo but I am not much of a fan of Yahoo.

Belfrybat 11-30-2013 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 6431221)
Are we going to have another thread here for our Celtic Solstice progress. I did sign up on Yahoo but I am not much of a fan of Yahoo.

Apparently this is the thread. Although someone also started one in the "Main" section. But this one seems to be getting more traffic.
Patrice did not want this in the BOM section as they have been in past years.

frustratedquilter40 11-30-2013 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Clue # 1 completed and trimmed (doing the smaller size) Made a mistake when cutting- BH's orange was supposed to be my red. Ended up cutting the wrong color so swapped up the colors again and BH's orange is my blue and changed the out side color to red. ;)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]449257[/ATTACH]

jclinganrey 11-30-2013 10:35 AM

I got mine started yesterday too. I'm using red/yellow/blue/green combo. Had a little trouble w/ a few of my 1/4" seam allowances @ the top and will be doing some frog stitching today.

I'm going for a 'half of a small' version this year. We'll see - - - -

Jane

JeanieG 11-30-2013 01:21 PM

I have all my orange and neutral (white on white) cut, and started on my blue. I will be getting a late start, as we are traveling to Phoenix to visit grandkids. I always have my little Brother in my motorhome, so I will be sewing from there for the week we are visiting.

Frustrated - those blocks are looking good, I like the colors!

Belfrybat 11-30-2013 02:43 PM

Wow, Frustrated -- you are fast! I've been cutting on and off all day and finally have mine cut. I'll piece tonight and during the week and hope I'll be finished by Friday!
I decided to stay with one neutral. Most of mine were tone on tone anyway, so they'd look similar.

Emma S 11-30-2013 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought about this Mystery since I found Bonnie's first reference to it in Oct. I did her Orca a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the process. Those darn paint chips just kept appearing in my minds eye. Well Wed. I thought, What the heck I'll just pull some fabric from my stash and see how I do. Well here is the result, with no additional purchase necessary. I probably have more in my stash and some maybe will be discarded but I think I have what is required.

JeanieG 11-30-2013 04:37 PM

Emma, those look great, and you can't beat getting them all from your stash either! I just finished quilting Orca Bay a couple of weeks ago, just have not had the time to put the binding on. I seem to get Bonnie's quilts finished within a month of the finish, but they stack up to be quilted!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-30-2013 04:59 PM

Clue #1 finished.