Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   75% off Sewing Scissors-JoAnns: This Weekend!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/75%25-off-sewing-scissors-joanns-weekend-t196314.html)

cny_sewer39 08-01-2012 01:25 PM

I sure wish that there was a JoAnns near me. Well good luck to all of you.

Have a blessed day.

debra

Susan Hansen12228 08-01-2012 01:40 PM

Business Math 101

Originally Posted by misskira (Post 5408029)
It's not quite 75% ... They take the 50% off first, then the 25% off the remaining total. It ends up being 62.5% off. Still pretty good! I bought my large cutting mat at a similar sale.

Thank you for clarifying this common mistake.

snipforfun 08-02-2012 04:31 AM

Joanns has a national computer system that each individual store has no control over. A manager can do an overide and allow the additional percentage to be taken off a coupn item but it is not company policy. I think it is rather dishonest when they do that. If products are on sale, then the additional percentage will come off. Will not come off the total if a coupon was used. Doesnt make sense, but sometimes the manufacturers dictate what their products can be sold for. Our store recently went through a liquidation in preparation for the new store opening. Most of the store was reduced dramatically yet there were several items that were removed from the store early in the process and many of the items that were left in the store til the end were never reduced. In other words, Joanns doesnt always have the final word on pricing

kcferrel 08-02-2012 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5408077)
My coupon reads "Includes regular, sale-priced & clearance items"

Then, down in the finer print, it says,

"Cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon."

The way the JoAnn's in my city handles it is they take the 25% off of all items, but not the coupon items. Ugh!

There is always "fine print" when shopping at Joann's...... Sometimes it make my blood boil... But better ask befor purchasing...

kcferrel 08-02-2012 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by cny_sewer39 (Post 5411319)
I sure wish that there was a JoAnns near me. Well good luck to all of you.

Have a blessed day.

debra

There is always a Joann's near... Thanks to the Internet... They usually have better deals... And all their coupons are good for online purchases...

nycbgirl 08-02-2012 05:26 AM

There was a Joannes manager that was so horrible, I had to PRAY FOR ME!!!! He took delight in humiliating everyone he came into contact with. A friend of mine bought a very cheap item, a dollar or two and went to take it back, he declared loudly, "Oh please, this isn't worth my time!" And took two dollars out of his pocket and gave it to her. I was so angry for her and she was so embarrassed.

sept97 08-02-2012 05:51 AM

sewextreme, you don't need a coupon to get the 50% off so the extra 25% would apply :)

Gramby 08-02-2012 06:01 AM

My JoAnn's store tells me only one coupon per item. So if you use say a 40% off you can not combine it with the extra 25% off on that item. It is something to do with their computer system because they have tried to over ride it before. Even if they have to do a price adjust it will not take the extra 25% off. So, I always shop the sale items and use my coupon for those things. Also, most of my coupons always say they exclude the GO products but they work on them anyway. The ladies at our store try and use every coupon even if they don't think it will work. They are great! I even had one of the clerks give me some Elvis fabric for a project I was working from her own private stash!

ccthomas 08-02-2012 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by sept97 (Post 5412579)
sewextreme, you don't need a coupon to get the 50% off so the extra 25% would apply :)

That is how I see this being promoted. So I also think it will be honored as not two coupons being used.

FroggyinTexas 08-02-2012 07:39 AM

That's not quite the math, I think. If the scissors were originally $20 and you had a 50 % coupon, the purchase price would be $10. Then you would get 25% or $2.50 off the $10, so the scissors would be $7.50. I think the percent change in price would be 62.5%, which still isn't a bad deal--but I'll bet JoAnn's won't let you use both coupons on one purchase. froggyintexas