Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   75% off Sewing Scissors-JoAnns: This Weekend!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/75%25-off-sewing-scissors-joanns-weekend-t196314.html)

Johanna Fritz 07-31-2012 05:11 AM

75% off Sewing Scissors-JoAnns: This Weekend!!

My JoAnn's flyer mentions that "all sewing scissors" will be 50% off this weekend for the Founder's Day Sale: Fri, Aug 3-Sun, Aug 5, 2012. There is also a coupon in the flyer that says "25% off Your Total Purchase: Including regular, sale priced and clearance items." If I am reading it right, that would make your new pair of scissors 75% off. :thumbup:

lfstamper 07-31-2012 05:13 AM

Great deal! Thanks for pointing this out. I never have enough scissors...lol.

SewExtremeSeams 07-31-2012 05:20 AM

I will have to read mine carefully. Sometimes that won't include the 25% off on the coupon item you bought. Hopefully, you are reading it correctly. Thanks for the reminder.:)

pinkberrykay 07-31-2012 05:40 AM

The coupon states Regular, Sale and Clearance items.

quiltstringz 07-31-2012 05:54 AM

Yes it is a good deal but it does not end up being 75% off. The additional 25% off comes off of the 50% price, so it actually comes out to be about 63% off the original price which is still a Wonderful deal and way below even Wholesale. So if you need scissors now would be the time to get them.

misskira 07-31-2012 05:56 AM

It's not quite 75% ... They take the 50% off first, then the 25% off the remaining total. It ends up being 62.5% off. Still pretty good! I bought my large cutting mat at a similar sale.

SewExtremeSeams 07-31-2012 06:12 AM

My coupon reads "Includes regular, sale-priced & clearance items"

Then, down in the finer print, it says,

"Cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon."

The way the JoAnn's in my city handles it is they take the 25% off of all items, but not the coupon items. Ugh!

bstock 07-31-2012 06:14 AM

That is a great deal! Thanks!!

BellaBoo 07-31-2012 06:33 AM

Every JoAnn store I've used a coupon does it differently. The ones that give you all the benefit of the coupons have managers that don't ask the main office what to do, they just do it. One manager said don't ask don't tell applies to Joann's perfectly and she's been manager for over 20 years. LOL

SewExtremeSeams 07-31-2012 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5408148)
Every JoAnn store I've used a coupon does it differently. The ones that give you all the benefit of the coupons have managers that don't ask the main office what to do, they just do it. One manager said don't ask don't tell applies to Joann's perfectly and she's been manager for over 20 years. LOL

You are truly blessed. That is one thing that bugs me about the manager of our store... He's not my favorite person. In fact, I try very hard to avoid having him cut my fabric or check me out. I end up having to pray for him when I walk out the door.