Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Alternatives to Bluprint (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/alternatives-bluprint-t307446.html)

AprilM 10-15-2019 04:21 PM

Up until a few months ago i was subscribed to the Fat Quarter Shops monthly box. I really liked them and have nothing negative to say about them, but after having received them almost since the beginning i pretty much have all i really need in that respect! I highly recommend them as they are a great value for what you get.

So, a few months ago i subscribed to Bold Notion Quilting’s Thread of the Month and Bobbin of the month programs and i love them!

Lauren also has many free instructional videos as well as classes for which she charges a fee. I would say that this website is more geared to machine quilting - whether domestic machine, sitdown longarm or regular longarm machines. The videos are excellent and i have learned so much! I am even now learning to use rulers - which i never even thought i would consider!

On the website you will also find fabric, panels, stencils, rulers, thread, FMQ notions, and a lot of other items. The website is boldnotionquilting.com. I just accidentally found website earlier this year and was very impressed with it.

Grace creates 10-15-2019 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by TeresaA (Post 8313778)
Right now they're offering a "free" quilting kit for joining, but other than the 3-4 quilts they list on their offer site they won't say which kits are available to choose from. And I did finally get ahold of a customer support rep over chat! Just have to say speak to customer support rep and the bot gets you through.

I saw that and you only get the quilts if you do the premier offer, which is more expensive and I also couldn't see what quilt kits you get.

Grace creates 10-15-2019 06:04 PM

Maybe if they give a really good offer. Earlier today I saw an offer $79. per yr and I was going to think it over a bit. Later today I got an offer of $59. per yr. I decided, perhaps waiting a better offer may come.

SusieQOH 10-15-2019 06:14 PM

I agree that Bluprint seems to have the same old videos, nothing new. After my year is up I'll probably just keep all my free videos and quit.

grann of 6 10-16-2019 04:18 AM

I haven't done very many of the quilting classes on Bluprint, but I love their bargains they send out every few weeks. Being a member, I get free shipping, and I love that my orders come in less than a week, usually 2 or3 days. I love the Boundless fabric, a very good quality at a reasonable price.

TeresaA 10-16-2019 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Grace creates (Post 8313871)
I saw that and you only get the quilts if you do the premier offer, which is more expensive and I also couldn't see what quilt kits you get.

The offer I referred to is something else.

Here is the offer I was referring to. You can get your choice of about 40 kits for joining, and the theoretical value of the kit is up to $180. The price for joining is $79.99 for this bundle.
https://tinyurl.com/yxfs924b

I figured that if I could see the list of kits and liked and wanted one of them, it would be like a free subscription to Bluprint. But when I finally figured out how to get past the chat bot and asked a real person, the said they couldn't give me the list of kits unless I joined. However, they did say I had 30 days to cancel if I didn't like the kit and I've heard that it's not hard to cancel Bluprint. So maybe. What a stupid thing, though.

1Nanoo 10-16-2019 06:46 AM

I joined Bluprint, just to get the free classes. Much to my sorrow, that did not always happen, and I could never communicate with a human being. Needless to say, I will not be renewing my membership. They just fill my mailbox with promotions that I can match at other places.

DonnaC 10-16-2019 07:10 AM

I have a subscription to Bluprint; got a really good deal last year (I think it was the $59 price?). I have definitely notice that they are not adding classes as quickly as Craftsy once did. Plus they have a lot of classes by "influencers" as opposed to big names in the craft industry. Anyway, I'm getting my money's worth because I also do garment sewing, crocheting and knitting, etc. If I was just counting on quilting classes I'd be disappointed also.

I have found their customer service to be very responsive when I've had problems, though. I always use the contact us links on the website and usually get a reply within a few hours.

I did not sign up for the new program that costs an additional $100 a year to get four kits; it just doesn't interest me. I have enough UFO's to last the rest of my life anyway. :)

Aurora 10-16-2019 07:10 AM

I apparently signed up for a trial. Well every so many months they would charge me $120. I contacted them a few times with unsatisfactory response. Finally got their attention, told them I did not authorize this deduction and I expected that the full amount be put back in my account and it was immediately transferred to my bank account.

O course I also told them they had nothing I was interested in receiving and they should also delete my email address. I still get their emails, which go to my SPAM folder.

Batik 54 10-16-2019 07:21 AM

You realize that Angela Walters is doing alot of things on her own, l ike the quilting challenges. Go to her website Quilting is my Therapy www.quiltingismytherapy.com