Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to Bluprint

Alternatives to Bluprint

So I was considering signing up for Bluprint, but had a question for them, specifically about the quilting kits that were part of their "Quilters Exclusive" promotion. I tried "chatting" and encountered one of their bots. As hard as I tried, I couldn't get a real person, nor my question answered. So I'm going to take some of the reviews as a word to the wise. Much as their promotions are inviting, I'll go with something else.

Which brings the question, what else is out there? Has anyone found a new Craftsy yet? I so loved them.

Or if someone has recently signed up for Bluprint's "Quilters Exclusive" bundle and got the email about which kits were included as options to choose from, let me know. I may still sign up with them for lack of better options.. I'll just figure I'll get no support.
    Nobody ever went wrong with kindness.

I was thinking about doing QuiltyBox but they just seem so pricey for what you actually get. I love subscription boxes but would like to find one that is quilt related that isn't just random fabric and a notion or 2 thrown in.

If you sign up and take the classes, you can communicate with the instructors. They can't help you with your Bluprint subscription issues, but they are pretty good about getting back to you with any class questions.

I'm still ticked off that Bluprint dumped the Midnight Quilt Show. They also dumped my pattern shop, tho I'm no Angela Walters!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    If you sign up and take the classes, you can communicate with the instructors. They can't help you with your Bluprint subscription issues, but they are pretty good about getting back to you with any class questions.

I'm still ticked off that Bluprint dumped the Midnight Quilt Show. They also dumped my pattern shop, tho I'm no Angela Walters!
    Isn't The Midnight Quilt Show on You Tube? I thought it was.

So where did you go after they "dumped" your pattern shop? Maybe I should go there

I'm looking at my old Craftsy videos on Bluprint and enjoying it enough that I may bite the bullet! ;-). Some of the instructors are absolutely great....Laura Nownes, Jinny Beyer....

I have Bluprint but got a really good deal on it. I paid at least half price plus they threw in some freebies.
    I get 4 free classes every 3 months which means I end up with 12 forever classes.

I haven't signed up for their latest promo though. It just didn't interest me.

I've gotten lots of help from them through emails rather than chat.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
    I have Bluprint but got a really good deal on it. I paid at least half price plus they threw in some freebies.
    I get 4 free classes every 3 months which means I end up with 12 forever classes.

I haven't signed up for their latest promo though. It just didn't interest me.

I've gotten lots of help from them through emails rather than chat.
    Right now they're offering a "free" quilting kit for joining, but other than the 3-4 quilts they list on their offer site they won't say which kits are available to choose from. And I did finally get ahold of a customer support rep over chat! Just have to say speak to customer support rep and the bot gets you through.

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't taken any of the course, but know that AQS offers iQuilt classes online that are very similar. AQS membership is only $20/yr and there are other benefits, the iQuilt classes are extra just like their books, fabrics, etc.

I loved Craftsy until they turned into Blueprint...I have my classes I got under Craftsy and have no interest in joining Blueprint since the classes never seem to change...Same with Iquilt...joined them for the 20 a couple of yrs in a row and will not resign since again no new classes added. You should ck into The Quilt Show cost abt 50 yr but they have interesting classes.

I already had just about every quilting class already when they were still Craftsy, I haven’t seen any new classes that I like, and I’m not keen on “their” brand of quilting items, I liked it better when it was Craftsy. I did sign up for Blueprint when they offered a wonderful deal, but I doubt I will subscribe for another year. That said, if they offer more brands and offer new classes I would be inclined to sign up again. For now I’m quite content to enjoy what I do have, and will be watching this thread to see if there are any new alternatives that are out there.
    Lisa

Up until a few months ago i was subscribed to the Fat Quarter Shops monthly box. I really liked them and have nothing negative to say about them, but after having received them almost since the beginning i pretty much have all i really need in that respect! I highly recommend them as they are a great value for what you get.

So, a few months ago i subscribed to Bold Notion Quilting’s Thread of the Month and Bobbin of the month programs and i love them!

Lauren also has many free instructional videos as well as classes for which she charges a fee. I would say that this website is more geared to machine quilting - whether domestic machine, sitdown longarm or regular longarm machines. The videos are excellent and i have learned so much! I am even now learning to use rulers - which i never even thought i would consider!

On the website you will also find fabric, panels, stencils, rulers, thread, FMQ notions, and a lot of other items. The website is boldnotionquilting.com. I just accidentally found website earlier this year and was very impressed with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaA View Post
    Right now they're offering a "free" quilting kit for joining, but other than the 3-4 quilts they list on their offer site they won't say which kits are available to choose from. And I did finally get ahold of a customer support rep over chat! Just have to say speak to customer support rep and the bot gets you through.
    I saw that and you only get the quilts if you do the premier offer, which is more expensive and I also couldn't see what quilt kits you get.
    Create something beautiful from scraps.

Blog Entries
    Maybe if they give a really good offer. Earlier today I saw an offer $79. per yr and I was going to think it over a bit. Later today I got an offer of $59. per yr. I decided, perhaps waiting a better offer may come.
    Create something beautiful from scraps.

I agree that Bluprint seems to have the same old videos, nothing new. After my year is up I'll probably just keep all my free videos and quit.

Blog Entries
    I haven't done very many of the quilting classes on Bluprint, but I love their bargains they send out every few weeks. Being a member, I get free shipping, and I love that my orders come in less than a week, usually 2 or3 days. I love the Boundless fabric, a very good quality at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace creates View Post
    I saw that and you only get the quilts if you do the premier offer, which is more expensive and I also couldn't see what quilt kits you get.
    The offer I referred to is something else.

Here is the offer I was referring to. You can get your choice of about 40 kits for joining, and the theoretical value of the kit is up to $180. The price for joining is $79.99 for this bundle.
    https://tinyurl.com/yxfs924b

I figured that if I could see the list of kits and liked and wanted one of them, it would be like a free subscription to Bluprint. But when I finally figured out how to get past the chat bot and asked a real person, the said they couldn't give me the list of kits unless I joined. However, they did say I had 30 days to cancel if I didn't like the kit and I've heard that it's not hard to cancel Bluprint. So maybe. What a stupid thing, though.

I joined Bluprint, just to get the free classes. Much to my sorrow, that did not always happen, and I could never communicate with a human being. Needless to say, I will not be renewing my membership. They just fill my mailbox with promotions that I can match at other places.

I have a subscription to Bluprint; got a really good deal last year (I think it was the $59 price?). I have definitely notice that they are not adding classes as quickly as Craftsy once did. Plus they have a lot of classes by "influencers" as opposed to big names in the craft industry. Anyway, I'm getting my money's worth because I also do garment sewing, crocheting and knitting, etc. If I was just counting on quilting classes I'd be disappointed also.

I have found their customer service to be very responsive when I've had problems, though. I always use the contact us links on the website and usually get a reply within a few hours.

I did not sign up for the new program that costs an additional $100 a year to get four kits; it just doesn't interest me. I have enough UFO's to last the rest of my life anyway.

Blog Entries
    I apparently signed up for a trial. Well every so many months they would charge me $120. I contacted them a few times with unsatisfactory response. Finally got their attention, told them I did not authorize this deduction and I expected that the full amount be put back in my account and it was immediately transferred to my bank account.

O course I also told them they had nothing I was interested in receiving and they should also delete my email address. I still get their emails, which go to my SPAM folder.
    Last edited by Aurora; 10-16-2019 at 07:15 AM.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

You realize that Angela Walters is doing alot of things on her own, l ike the quilting challenges. Go to her website Quilting is my Therapy www.quiltingismytherapy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Batik 54 View Post
    You realize that Angela Walters is doing alot of things on her own, l ike the quilting challenges. Go to her website Quilting is my Therapy www.quiltingismytherapy.com
    For me, Angela Walters is just okay.

I joined Bluprint in its "infancy" and it was worth the money the first year. I sampled a lot of classes which was a great way to decide whether or not to watch the entire class or make the project. I probably will not renew because I would rather be sewing than watching a video class. I must admit that a video class appeals to me because I can be in my pajamas and I do not need to lup my sewing machine and stuff to a class. I have so many unfinished quilts and projects that I nt to finish and so my time would be better spent sewing.

Quote Originally Posted by quilt9226 View Post
    I joined Bluprint in its "infancy" and it was worth the money the first year. I sampled a lot of classes which was a great way to decide whether or not to watch the entire class or make the project. I probably will not renew because I would rather be sewing than watching a video class. I must admit that a video class appeals to me because I can be in my pajamas and I do not need to lup my sewing machine and stuff to a class. I have so many unfinished quilts and projects that I nt to finish and so my time would be better spent sewing.
    Oh I hear you for certain. I think my reason for contemplating joining is to get myself back into the quilting groove. I've burned out on the choices I've been watching on You Tube and was enjoying the few courses I bought on Craftsy so a Bluprint subscription might be an obvious leap, of course coupled with the perk of a shiny new quilt kit that they would throw in. And it didn't hurt that I was getting constantly "spammed" to join, via ads on various social media. I also have been through the ringer on a private matter and needed something to reward myself for what was otherwise a very thankless task. Soooo.

If I give myself enough time, I'll probably get over the interest in joining and will move on to some other obsession, ha-ha.

I have had a subscription for several years. With all the free show coupons I have collected I have all the videos in my library to watch if a member or not. Last sign up I got 12 shows to choose for free. I like the free shipping on all orders of quilt supplies as a member. I stocked up on Aurifil thread and other tools when on sale there. I probably won't renew as I don't need anything and have at least a year's worth of videos to watch. I like the Quilt Show with Alex and Ricky. I always learn something on every video. Missouri Star and Quilt in a Day have online classes. Any online class is less expensive then a physical class and lots less hassle. I go to physical classes for the fellowship and slowly deciding I don't need that as much now either. LOL
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I joined during some holiday promo last year; I think the 1st year was $59 and I get 3 "own forever" coupons every quarter, for a total of 12.

The first quarter ended while I was away; they do not send a reminder email, so I lost those three.

I did do a bit of shopping during the 2nd quarter; there was a member sale and as a member you also get free shipping, so I did get a good deal. I have noticed that in the last couple of months that almost all of their products are now their own brand - Boundless fabric, Craftsy thread. I have not tried either of those, so cannot comment on the quality, but I am disappointed that they no longer carry much in the way of known brands/designers.

I just checked my account. Auto renewal 1/1/20, now $79/annually. Interestingly, the class coupons I got on 10/1 are good through March - so 6 mos instead of 3 as they were before.

I will probably look for 3 classes to use up these coupons before the end of the year to add them to my own forever library, and then cancel the subscription.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast