Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Alternatives to Bluprint >

Alternatives to Bluprint

Alternatives to Bluprint

Old 10-22-2019, 05:23 PM

I washed the Boundless fabric from the kit and it unraveled like crazy. On some pieces I literally have about a quarter inch of fringe on the cut edges. Hey, it's inexpensive for a reason. I'll just have to quilt it closely to secure the seams and prevent unraveling when the quilt is washed. I always quilt things to death anyway, ha-ha. Craftsy suggested not washing fabric when they carried designer lines, so their suggestion is not brand-specific.

Bluprint has 50% off Boundless right now, which makes it really inexpensive, but I think I'll pass. I need to wait for some sales on other items. I'm not sure what I'll need that they carry. I have a lifetime supply of batting, already, LOL and I doubt I'll buy their fabric. So we'll have to see.

But the classes alone were worth the money, IMHO. And hey, a free quilt. It's hard to beat that even if the fabric isn't perfect.

BTW, the freebie kit choices were limited. It was either some Lily and Loom kits in brighter colors (and I believed people who said the fabric wasn't great) and some Boundless kits in neutral tones. So I went with the neutral option and this is what I got. https://shop.mybluprint.com/quilting...ilt-kit/664391. I love the quilt and I'm at a point in my life where I like soothing shades like tans and greys and it's still a pretty exciting quilt anyway. I'm trying to decide if I want to add color, maybe red, to at least some of the blocks.

Last edited by TeresaA; 10-22-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:18 AM

I like that kit, TeresaA. I have gotten a lot of bargain kits from Bluprint. Personally, I like the fabric, has a nice sheen to it, and the quilts wash up nicely without a lot of shrinkage or color loss. The free shipping makes it all worthwhile. I have watched some of the classes, but so far I haven't found anything that is new to me. I have found a few hints that I have implemented. I will continue to belong to Bluprint, when you can get a layer cake or jelly roll for $16 it is hard to pass up. And I find their Boundless solids comparable to Kona, at a cheaper price.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

Teresa, that's a beautiful kit!!!!
Old 10-23-2019, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Teresa, that's a beautiful kit!!!!
I know, right? I kind of liked it. And it's huge! although I think I'm going to leave off the left-most column so the "diamondy" blocks are in all corners. Looks better that way....besides I never make quilts that big, ha-ha. I'm more likely to finish if it's smaller.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:50 AM

grann of 6: Thanks for the tip! I need to try some of the solids when they go back on sale. For now, that kit will keep me busy for a bit, ha-ha.

I have interest in about everything they offer, including the photography. I need to get back into all of it, so the subscription will help.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:09 PM

I bought some things off Craftsy from time to time and then last year I joined Bluprint. I did get a lot of free shipping in the last quarter of 2018 for myself and I also shopped for an event giveaways. No ordering this year and I am not sure if I will renew. I recently contacted them after checking my information on their site and saw that they have my credit card on file. You can't delete it if you have a subscription. I may cancel and see if they come back with a better offer than I paid last year.