Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Amish BOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/amish-bom-t15025.html)

ksusan 01-08-2009 05:29 PM

Chele, I went to a local quilt shop this afternoon and purchased the fabric required for this BOM series.

I am one happy gal. Thanks for posting this site. It really is very interesting and I am truly thrilled to have this project.

I will call it my mental health project!!!

Piecefully yours,
Kay Susan

ksusan 01-08-2009 05:38 PM

I'm a little slow as I just realized that you are in Orlando. My DH lived there for a number of years.

He finally moved back to the Upper Peninsula and we met 36 years after high school graduation. On Monday, we will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary.

When we were in Orlando two years ago we saw the LaNumba presentation by Cirque at downtown Disney. The show was terrific.

One day I'll never regret is the day I spent by myself at the Orlando Museum of Art viewing the Gee's Bend Exhibit. I was there when the doors opened for the day and managed to relax, read the catalogue and view the exhibits. Ahhhhhhh......

I won't be traveling this winter due to medical restrictions and having used
up all of my sick leave and vacation days thus far during medical leave.
Hopefully, things will get straightened around here and DH will be able to travel to Orlando to see his son. We have beautiful grandchildren who would enjoy seeing Grandpa :)

Piecefully yours,
Kay Susan

Joan 01-08-2009 07:13 PM

Thanks Chele, this looks like a great site!!!

ksusan 01-12-2009 05:44 PM

Chele, I made two blocks today of the January posting.

The colors I chose are saturated jewels, but not typical Amish as the colors have some patterns and the overall result is more contemporary.

It's exactly what I wanted as the result.

Thanks for posting this link. Once I can use the camera and post a pix, I'll contact you, again.

Piecefully yours,
Kay Susan

Chele 01-13-2009 12:06 PM

ksusan, so happy you liked the BOM site. I can't wait to see your blocks! Amish quilts are so striking and bold. I just love them.

Regretfully, I missed the Gee's Bend exhibit. I wasn't interested in quilting then. One day maybe I'll be lucky enough to see it.

beachlady 01-13-2009 12:10 PM

KSusan please post your blocks - would love to see them. I need to get the fabric for this - going to my LQS where I got gift certificates. Will go on Saturday while the house is being shown.

Elizabeth A. 01-13-2009 02:52 PM

Chele that is a pretty block, just what my Spring Sampler needs! :D Are you a member of that Guild?

Elizabeth A. 01-13-2009 04:15 PM

It goes nice and quick too, I just did mine. :)

Chele 01-13-2009 04:56 PM

No, I'm not a member, but I've thought of joining!

GailG 01-14-2009 05:20 AM

I'm going to try to follow this BOM. I just hope my "ADD" doesn't get in the way. :lol: I tend to get side-tracked and quit things mid-stream. Hopefully, the reminders will keep me focused.